hii autocad Guru out there.. i need serious help with small problem (to you guys)

andrew_ysk

i need to use autocad to calculate out (so that i can print out 1: 1 scale) an resulting ellipse holes of a solid 12cm rod going thru a hollow sheet metal at an angle of 30 deg c and 45 deg c.

i almost pulled off all my hair just trying to draw that stupid thing out.

:surrender:

can someone teach me step by step. i never really taught of using 3d modelling of autocad, only learn it myself, but apparently not enough for work.

i draw a simple pic of how the assemble is.. but it is the resulting elipse hole that i need to print out.

thanks.

ellipse.jpg

You might take an approach similar to this. I used a surface for my sheet metal and a solid for my rods. The first image was created using a 2D wireframe visual style.

SheetMetal&Rod1.jpg

Here is the same image created using a Conceptual visual style.

SheetMetal&Rod2.jpg

Red = centerline

Magenta = 30 deg cylinder

Green = 90 deg cylinder

Cyan = 45 deg cylinder

Created surface, added cylinders, rotated two of the cylinders (30 deg & 45 deg) subtracted cylinders from surface, exploded resultant surface to arrive at final solution containing two ellipses and one circle. Use Area command to obtain area.

If you want to use autocad to calculate the resulting ellipse, as you said, to find longer radius of the ellipse, for 30° angle, type this on command line:

(/ (/ 12.0 (sin (/ (* 30 pi) 180))) 2)

for 45° angle type:

(/ (/ 12.0 (sin (/ (* 45 pi) 180))) 2)

The shorter radius will of course be 6 in both cases.