Block will not explode

AKASBUY

I would really appreciate some help.

I have created the attached block as a way of trying to teaching myself AutoCAD 2015 (foolish in hindsight).

When creating the original block I forgot to enable the 'explode' option.

I now want to enlarge some of the block parts but 'PushPull' freezes when I select any part of the block. I presume this is because its too big to handle!

I thought if I explode the block it would enable me to edit the individual parts of the block, then recreate.

I have tried all sorts of suggestions from the forums but none will explode the block. Even tried the 'stretch' command in block edit and that wouldn't work.

I even copied the block to a new drawing (attached) and it still won't explode!!

Thanks for reading this.

Cheers Tony

BLOCKTEST.dwg

Open the block in your block editor, BEDIT command. Once in the block editor, go to your Properties palette and set "Allow Exploding" to "Yes"

Hi Cad64, thanks for your quick reply (and your patience).

I have looked at the 'Palettes' before without success. My 'Palettes' has four categories. 'Constraints', 'Parameter Sets', 'Parameters' and 'Actions'. In 'Actions' there is a Block Properties Table' but no other reference to exploding a block. I have searched everywhere but can't find any option (yes/no) to explode blocks. Am I looking in the right place?

Regards

Tony

Type 'Properties' at the command line when you are in the block editor. That will open the Properties panel where you can change the allow exploding option.

I have looked at the 'Palettes' before without success. My 'Palettes' has four categories. 'Constraints', 'Parameter Sets', 'Parameters' and 'Actions'. In 'Actions' there is a Block Properties Table' but no other reference to exploding a block. I have searched everywhere but can't find any option (yes/no) to explode blocks. Am I looking in the right place?

No, look at the image I posted. I'm talking about the "Properties" palette, not the Block Authoring palette.

Hi Cad64,

Many thanks (and 'Organic') for your much appreciated help. Your advice worked a treat. Block exploded.

Although I can now modify my drawing, 'PressPull' still performs badly. Selecting any object in the drawing sends 'PressPull' to sleep, its like trying to drag my cursor through treacle! Is this a known problem with 'PressPull'?

How's the weather in glorious California? Snowing here today!

I don't know what part of the model you are trying to modify, but I have exploded your block and Presspull works fine for me.

Weather here is beautiful. It has been in the mid to high 80's all week. Thinking of going for a hike later this afternoon.

I don't know what part of the model you are trying to modify, but I have exploded your block and Presspull works fine for me.

Weather here is beautiful. It has been in the mid to high 80's all week. Thinking of going for a hike later this afternoon.

I can Presspull the 'Windows' but the 8 panels between are the problem. I can Presspull the black panel centres but not the surrounds (Z axis). If they all work for you I guess I should look at the PC performance.

Have a good hike.

No, I can't Presspull everything. I can only Presspull the objects that are 3D Solids. I cannot Presspull the Surface objects. If you need to modify those objects then you may need to recreate them as 3D Solids.

I also tried SOLIDEDIT > Face > Extrude, but as I expected, Autocad told me "Non-planar faces cannot be extruded and are ignored for this operation."

I think you will have to recreate the parts that need to be modified, or you could create an extension piece and Union it, or Subtract it, whichever the case may be.