How should I dimension an 3D clipped View Port?

muck

How should I dimension an 3D clipped View Port?

If I have a view port that has a view of an object that has been clipped using AutoCAD 3DCLIP.

what is the proper "Autodesk" way to dimension that drawing. Should it be dimensioned in paper

or model space?

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...

I never dimension in MODELSPACE. Always use PAPERSPACE. If all the geometry is in MODELSPACE and the annotations in PAPERSPACE, you can easily manipulate the geometry (which changes all the time) without having to turn off dimensioning layers, etc. Also, you can reuse a sheet that is all set up with dimensions, attribute laden titleblocks, parts bubbles, etc. If you have many similar parts with slight differences, Save As.....rename it the next part number, most all the annotation is already done.

Properly setting up PAPERSPACE will allow you to effortlessly follow your internal CAD standards and give every drawing a consistent look.

I never dimension in MODELSPACE. Always use PAPERSPACE. If all the geometry is in MODELSPACE and the annotations in PAPERSPACE, you can easily manipulate the geometry (which changes all the time) without having to turn off dimensioning layers, etc. Also, you can reuse a sheet that is all set up with dimensions, attribute laden titleblocks, parts bubbles, etc. If you have many similar parts with slight differences, Save As.....rename it the next part number, most all the annotation is already done.

Properly setting up PAPERSPACE will allow you to effortlessly follow your internal CAD standards and give every drawing a consistent look.

Couldn't agree more. Setting up the Paper Space settings will allow you to be much more efficient and consistent just like PGuatney said.