2016 Architecture Metric Template

raj banerjee

Can anyone please post up the standard autodesk template so I can dfownload it please as im struggling to get it.

Many thanks

Edited by raj banerjee

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raj banerjee

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks very much.

Apologies for putting it in the wrong section, was rushing and didn't see the architecture one as in between drawing jobs at the moment so all flustered.

Thanks a lot

OK...I'm confused. You seem to be asking for a Revit template file is that correct? I only ask because your Profile says AutoCAD 2008. When you asked for the standard AutoDesk template I really thought you had misspoke and meant standard AutoCAD template.

If you are using Revit and not AutoCAD I think you should change your Profile.

To be clear, I do not use Revit; I use AutoCAD.

I have read a few problems with revit when upgrading to the next version, but I think in this case it is due to my employers company removing the standard templates and replacing them with their own, how helpful :-(

I was thinking there wasn't any difference anymore between Revit Architecture and - Structure (?) To me it really doesn't make sense anyway. A wall is a wall, a beam a beam. (.. Unless, you approach this commercially)

Edited by halam

Whats with all the obstacles here? The reason I need it is because I have recently been on a course for Revit, I am in the process of learning the software, we are currently a bit quiet for the next week or so, so I have been looking at tutorials on youtube, but they need the basic template to start with which is where I am having the problem. I don't know much about Revit in regards to setting up the model initially such as setting the levels, walls and slabs although im pretty sure I can grasp it pretty quick, I simply assumed that someone might have the standard template (ideally both the architecture and structural one) which they could post up and I could download.

Im guessing I was wrong, never mind

Whats with all the obstacles here?

First off, the two people that have responded live in the states and would not have the templates that you are looking for. Second, I am on MEP not Architectural. Third, cracked versions of software commonly don't include templates. We have seen it many times and don't want to assist anyone that has a cracked version. Fourth, I do not own the software I am using and the content is not mine to give away. Clear enough for you?

It sounds like the issue was with someone setting a custom path to a company template. The path to the OOTB templates is something like this:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2016\Templates

If it is not there, have a talk with your IT people to see if they can provide it for you. If you are still stuck, you can download a trial version and get the template that you need.

The software is official its just that our head office is in new zealand and they seem to try and customise the cad system a bit too much from what I can see. I will have a look at instakking a trial version, the revit software is also installed via the server so no discs, its a real pain. Think I will just install the trial version at home and do some tutorials there, just a shame I cant do it in work time when I have the go ahead to do so. Sods law I suppose

TZRFRAMPTON - your a legend, that has worked perfectly, now im set for next week to try and do some tutorials and get to grips with the software.

Many thanks

• 1 year later...