Autocad bug in trimming under certain situations

Daniel_Abreus

I've detected a bug last days, when you rotate axis, you can't trim single closed figures done in the new coordinates.Could anyone confirm if is it really a bug?I post an attachment in dwg to demonstrate

bug_2.dwg

I'm working in top view, I attached some polygons cutted by lines.I'm trying trimming these polygons using these lines.So, I select trim command, next the line and finally I select the polygon, but isn't working.Note that I rotated the axes previously, but I'm still working in x,y.See the attached figure and the previous dwg file

bug_2.jpg

I opened your drawing and without changing the UCS or the view in any manner I was able to trim the two circles and the polygon using the straight and curled lines. Still don't see any problem.

You are working in the front view. This is the top view. As you can see you have Z values in what appears to be a 2D drawing. Also, check the options in the trim command. If Projection is set to none, you won't be able to trim.

Top View.jpg

To conclude this thread, my problem was solved,Thanks RobDraw and ReMark.My projmode was set [0], to trim this figure case, I had to set projmode [1].

=)

This led me to another question, an object that is in front plane can be turned in top plane, without rotating the object, simply changing the coordinates?Because, I noted when I work in top plane I don't need to set projmode [1] to trim the figure.

I am still wondering why you are working in a front view and using z coordinates for 2D linework. You could avoid this "bug" by setting up your drawing environment properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I 'm working in 3D solids using autocad, when I need working in a solid surface that is in front view or bottom view, I use 3 point UCS, and I put x,y axis in front view, or bottom view, or any other new work plane. Is this wrong? what should I do in this case? Rotate the object? but if the solid is very complex and difficult positioning?How should I set up my drawing enviroment in this case?

You can continue as you are doing or use the Dynamic UCS feature.

As per your AutoCAD Help file....

Issue:

When creating 3D objects, you want the UCS to align with the active 3D face of the object. This will allow objects to be drawn on that specific plane.

Solution:

With the dynamic UCS turned on, you can align the XY plane of the UCS with a plane on a 3D solid. To toggle on and off the Dynamic UCS you can use the F6 key. Alternatively, you can type UCSDETECT into the command line and then enter 0 (not-active) or 1 (active).