LISP Code to Extend Line

florida35

Hi all,

I am new to creating lisp routines and am hoping to get some help on a routine I need. I am looking for a command that prompts you to draw a line, then prompts you to extend a line, and then deletes the initial line. I used to work at a company that had this command and it was very useful. Instead of creating a polyline, performing the extend command, and then deleting the polyline, it did all of it in one command. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

Welcome to CADTutor

There are a lot of ways to approach this

This would be my starting point :

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:eline [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ sp ep e1 e2 p1 ip[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]initget 1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq sp [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]getpoint [color=#2f4f4f]"\nStart Point:   "[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq ep [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]getpoint sp [color=#2f4f4f]"\nEnd Point:   "[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]grdraw sp ep 2 0[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq e1 [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]getpoint [color=#2f4f4f]"\nExtention Line Point 1:   "[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq e2 [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]getpoint e1 [color=#2f4f4f]"\nExtention Line Point 2:   "[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]if [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]not [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ip [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]inters sp ep e1 e2 nil[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
     [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]alert [color=#2f4f4f]"These Lines Do Not Intersect"[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
     [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]progn
      [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq p1 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]if [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]> [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]distance sp ip[b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
                      [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]distance ep ip[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] sp ep[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]entmake [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]list [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 0 [color=#2f4f4f]"LINE"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 10 p1[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 11 ip[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

The new line will default to the current entity creation properties. ie LAyer CECcolor CELtype etc

-David

Edited by David Bethel

David,

I appreciate the quick reply. I was hoping for the extended line to remain part of the original line. Basically, I am hoping for the routine to be very similar to the extend command with just a temporary line added in. I know the command I have seen before worked exactly the same as extend and am hoping to duplicate that. Thanks!

Jim

Hi florida

this one?

(defun c:extline ( / p1 p2 e)
 (while
   (setq p1 (getpoint "\nSpecify first point: "))
   (if
     (setq p2 (getpoint p1 "\nSecond point: "))
     (progn
       (setq e
         (entmakex
           (list
             '(0 . "LINE")
             (cons 10 p1)
             (cons 11 p2)
           )
         )
       )
       (command "_extend" e "")
       (while (> (getvar 'cmdactive) 0)
         (command "\\")
         )
       (entdel e)
       )
     )
   )
 (princ)
 )

Stefan,

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for your help. Is there any chance you have one for the same command, but using a temporary trim line instead of extend? Thank you all for being so helpful.

Jim

Stefan,

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for your help. Is there any chance you have one for the same command, but using a temporary trim line instead of extend? Thank you all for being so helpful.

Jim

You're welcome Jim.

You can replace "_extend" with "_trim" in the lisp above... Or you can hold down Shift when pick the object. Shift temporarily switch Extend to Trim, and vice versa.