Subdued Objects in Erase Command

blatz.boy

Objects selected during erase command appear grayed/subdued. I would prefer them to be dashed.

I've already changed "selectioneffect" and "preselectioneffect" to "0." Selection of objects within "Move", and "Rotate" commands, as well as selection of objects when no command is active appear as dashed line, but for some reason these changes don't affect objects within erase command.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I don't think you can change the effect. There is a logic to objects being deleted are displayed grayed out. Compare what happens with copy to move. Copy shows the original object(s) only slightly ghosted indicating that they will stay in place. You also see the new objects following your base point as you move the cursor. Move shows the original object(s) grayed out, indicating that they will be deleted.

Objects selected during erase command appear grayed/subdued. I would prefer them to be dashed.

I've already changed "selectioneffect" and "preselectioneffect" to "0." Selection of objects within "Move", and "Rotate" commands, as well as selection of objects when no command is active appear as dashed line, but for some reason these changes don't affect objects within erase command.

Options > Selection Tab > Preview - Uncheck the "Command Preview" toggle