millimeter coordinates to meter coordinates (dimension distorted)

karim el said

there where a thread from 2011 that suggest to do as above to scale the whole drawing and keeping the base point to 0,0 which is great but all my dimensions got distorted to a meaningless very big scale , is it a dimension issue like the dimension when created was non associative or what , can i fix it or is there is a lisp for that, thanks.

The easiest way to use such a drawing is if you xref it with the appropriate scale factor into a new blank drawing.

If you want to use the drawing itself by scaling, you will also have to go into any Dimension styles and manually alter the Fit.

But if you post part of such a drawing, then you could be given explicit instructions.

oh thanks it worked i figured it out , its hilarious , the dwg units in feet as shown when type units but the consultant was meaning to work as mm , so when i use -dwgunits to convert it to mm without scaling as it is an error its ok , then i used the command again to change the units to m but this time with scaling and voila , the dimensions and coordinates are in m but the dimension distorted due to scaling as the drawing was fault from the beginning , so can i do any thing then when the drawing is scaled from mm to m the dimensions (arrows , lines extra) is scaled proportionally from dim update or dim scale

ok dim update and dim scale works like charm thanks SLW210 , thanks BIGAL, thanks ReMark , thanks eldon , thanks RobDraw all of you was very helpfull and iam honored to be with you.:)