• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Go down a different path download Briscad Intellicad etc as a trial You may decide the one off cost is actually better than your LT after all both of these support lisp.

Nope. Not happening. I am in the middle of teaching my boss 2016 AutoCad. He's moving from 2007. (slowly :D)

Oh the joys of subscription based services. :roll:

How long did it take for them to get the licensing sorted out? Or are you still dead in the water?

As of quiting time 4:00 PM EST, there has been no communication of any kind from AutoDesk other than the original case number confirmation email from their emailbot.

Downloading and installing the full version as Rob suggested is about the only thing you can do that won't cost you money. If you go that route create a restore point before installing as a precaution.
We've done this, and it only took two different email addresses, one per copy. We are up and running for now.

I am going to find a way to talk to a real person at AutoDesk, if I have to drive up there and climb on their roof and start hollering stuff about the mothership, rubber chickens, meat loaf, and the space aliens living under my driveway.

We were given a phone number this morning. I called it. Honest to (insert deity), "This is AutoDesk Security. Who is this?". He suggested calling back on the same number in 15 minutes after the office opens. :facepalm: We did. Same guy answers and then gives us another phone number. This time we got the people in charge of employee conflict resolution at AutoDesk.

One can not EVEN make this stuff up.

As of quiting time 4:00 PM EST, there has been no communication of any kind from AutoDesk other than the original case number confirmation email from their emailbot.

:rofl: Sorry, not laughing at you. Laughing with you.

So you basically lost an entire day of work due to their subscription and licensing issues, and the problem still is not resolved and you were never able to speak to an actual live person, other than night shift security dude and some conflict resolution person. Classic. :lol:

From AutoDesk.

So Dana, on a scale from one to minus ten how are we doing? Has your conflict been resoluted yet?

We are running 2016 full, trial version as a work around. As of quitting time Friday there was still no resolution for our 2016 LT license that I know of. I still have to convince my boss it is not going to corrupt any existing work in any way, and get him to not fear the full version. This happened to many other license holders on 2/08/16, and again on 2/26/16. The occurrence on 2/08 was resolved as far as I know, because there were no follow up posts on the AutoDesk forums that I could find.

Since we are one full business day late with a critical submission, I'd put us at about minus 5 Kelvin. for Monday morning. We're only doing box cabinets for a couple of break rooms and a fancy pants reception desk, so it's not like the mission to Mars is going to fall apart.

:rofl: Sorry, not laughing at you. Laughing with you.

So you basically lost an entire day of work due to their subscription and licensing issues, and the problem still is not resolved and you were never able to speak to an actual live person, other than night shift security dude and some conflict resolution person. Classic. :lol:

After a couple bottles of Sierra Nevada Beer Camp last night, it seemed pretty hilarious to me too. Still Does.

At some point over the week-end. Autodesk fixed the issue on their end. They did not explain it at all, they just said our original serial number will now re-validate our license. It did.

My theory is that someone in the cubie warehouse posted our download with a quarterly expiration somewhere in it. It has been just about three months (plus maybe some grace period) since we leased for a year in advance.

At any rate, we're up and running, but we are up against the wall.

We did not hear from the conflict resolution people at AutoDesk, so I still don't like them.:lol:

Autodesk fixed the issue on their end. They did not explain it at all, they just said our original serial number will now re-validate our license.

It's funny how that works. No apology or explanation whatsoever. It's just done and that's it. It doesn't matter that you guys were down for the entire day and were scrambling to try and figure out some way to keep production moving forward. But hey, they don't owe you anything right? It's their software, they own it, you're just renting it. :roll:

It's funny how that works. No apology or explanation whatsoever. It's just done and that's it. It doesn't matter that you guys were down for the entire day and were scrambling to try and figure out some way to keep production moving forward. But hey, they don't owe you anything right? It's their software, they own it, you're just renting it. :roll:
They did state an unequivocal apology, but that and $7.00 will get you a disgusting cup of coffee at Starbucks. :facepalm:

At a minimum, they should add the down time on to the end of your subscription.
Yesh, that'd be nysh. I'd rather they take the "where's my drawings?" calls.

Kind of like the hackers that lock all the files on an unsuspecting person's computer then demand a ransom to unlock them?

We had that happen to our company. We had two of our servers go down. We didn't have to pay any ransom, although the hacker did ask for ransom. Luckily we had everything backed up and just used that to get everything back up and running. It was pretty crazy for a little.