License expired early.

Dana W

Good Morning,

This morning my 2 seat Desktop Subscription license at work expired 11 months early. According to my AutoDesk Account, we are paid up in full through December 2016.

This is what happened. At 7:30 AM I turned the program on and used it to edit a drawing. At about 10:00 AM, I had to leave my desk for some time, so I shut the program off. A while later, I turned AutoCad back on and it insisted that I had to renew my license, and asked for my serial number. My serial number is no longer valid.

We now have two AutoCad seats dead in the water, with immediate deadlines looming NOW.

We have notified AutoDesk through their support (what?) network and are awaiting a response. I hope my progeny can use what's left of my lease in case I do not outlive the turn around time from AutoDesk.

Apparently this is a product wide issue, and is a recurrence of the same issue from a few weeks ago, because the AutoDesk online support forums are full of people reporting the issue then, and again this morning.

Has anyone else here experienced this issue?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe AutoDesk is trying to extort more money from your company? Kind of like the hackers that lock all the files on an unsuspecting person's computer then demand a ransom to unlock them?

Do you have a standalone version of AutoCAD handy?

One idea comes to mind. Download the 2016 standalone version which should be good for thirty days. For every day AutoDesk does not fix the problem with the subscription based version tell them you want an extension on the expiration date or a pro-rated refund of your subscription price see how they like them bananas.

Maybe AutoDesk is trying to extort more money from your company? Kind of like the hackers that lock all the files on an unsuspecting person's computer then demand a ransom to unlock them?

Do you have a standalone version of AutoCAD handy?

One idea comes to mind. Download the 2016 standalone version which should be good for thirty days. For every day AutoDesk does not fix the problem with the subscription based version tell them you want an extension on the expiration date or a pro-rated refund of your subscription price see how they like them bananas.

Ransomware/AutoDesk.com :shock:

Our license is stand-alone - 2 seats downloaded and installed separately on two computers.

I thought of downloading a free trial, but it won't install because it's already here. >>>shrug

I got a Windows 7 update today. Could that be the culprit? System restore?
Nope, it is recurrence of an AutoDesk issue that started on the 8th of feb for some people. AutoDesk has to fix it. I think it is restricted to AutoCad LT 2016.

If the license is for 2007, you should be able to get a trial of a newer version. Just make sure to change the default save as version.

Strike that. You are on 2015. You still should be able to get a trial of 2016.

If the license is for 2007, you should be able to get a trial of a newer version. Just make sure to change the default save as version.
No, our earlier version that remark asked about is 2007. This issue is happening to our two month old paid up 1 year subscription for AutoCad LT 2016.

Downloading and installing the full version as Rob suggested is about the only thing you can do that won't cost you money. If you go that route create a restore point before installing as a precaution.

Hopefully, AutoDesk reacts quickly as trial versions are only for evaluation.

And subscriptions are supposed to be of some benefit.:glare::shock: It is to laugh.:lol::lol: