Clean Screen

hi

After 6 years of dally AutoCAD work I want to move on to Clean Screen mode,

I was thinking of the fastest way to Stretch/Rotate/Move objects on the go is double/triple clicking on a selection.

Scenario :

You want to starch selected objects, double clicking on the selection trigger the strach command.

How is that possible?

Thanks

S

I'd make use of grips (stretch) and right-clicking (erase, move, copy, scale and rotate). I don't see the need to double/triple (???) click on an object unless you like the exercise your right hand index finger is getting. And your left hand should be able to key in command aliases without you looking down at the keyboard.

im using move/strach every other click. needs to access it only by brain power :)

how can i set double click on a selection as a trigger a tool of my choosing?

i want to "pullout" of the ribbon only certain panel and show it on the Clean Screen mode....is that possible?

So you don't want a clean screen after all is that it? OK. Create a custom Ribbon populated by the tab(s) and panel(s) that you want with the commands you use the most often and ditch the rest.

So you don't want a clean screen after all is that it? OK. Create a custom Ribbon populated by the tab(s) and panel(s) that you want with the commands you use the most often and ditch the rest.

no. i want Clean Screen that have only the flatted panal that i want? (clean screen kills the ribbon, but i want only a panel from there)

You can't have it both ways. Why do you think AutoDesk named the feature "Clean Screen"? What you want is "Almost Clean Screen". You can put that on the Wish List over at the AUGI website for the next release. I think you're too late for AutoCAD 2017 but 2018 is only a year away.

Have you tried moving a panel behind the normal AutoCAD window? What happens?

Since the Clean Screen feature does not hide the Quick Access Toolbar why not put whatever command(s) you want to have access to on it instead of trying to get a panel to appear?

Or enable the display of the Menu Bar and work off of a set of custom drop-down menus? If you really need the space you can always hide the menu bar then unhide it when you need it.

Edited by ReMark

I use menu bar, my screen is a fully customised toolbar on each side and a single menu bar line with cascading sub menus. Yes you can pull bits from where ever you want and make new toolbars and menus and ribbons. I replaced 3 pull down menus with 1 removing commands I never use in the menus had only like 9 items in each menu my menu has 18 items, if I need the misising ones I change workspace to default.

Edited by BIGAL

Will the new Contextual tab appear if the user has elected to utilize the Clean Screen feature? Yes or no?

If he sets the Contextual Tab State → Contextual Display Type to Full with focus. Lot of options for displaying them, but for me I prefer adding Shortcut Menus that offer access to Contextual commands without limiting access to the Ribbon.

Was that a yes or a no?

No, while that Contextual Tab would be the only part of the Ribbon displayed as a Ribbon element it would not display with Clean Screen On.

Hard to tell with the terminology he's using what he's looking for, thought this might be close.

I think he's straddling the line. He wants a clean screen but he also wants a customized feature in it from which to select commands. I still say modifying the QAT would be the way to go but some people want what they want come hell or high water. Why not license IntelliCAD and create one's own version of a CAD program like nanoCAD or Zwcad?