AutoCAD Ribbon

addesigns

A little birdy told me that AutoCAD is going to do away with the classic view. If this is true I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way/site/email that we can go to so that it can stay. I hate the ribbon.

2. If someone finds a way to keep the classic view please do tell when and if this happens.

That is all. Gracias

All good things must come to an end. Do you still use a rotary phone? Is your TV still black and white? Does your cellphone resemble a WWII era walkie-talkie?

So, where did you hear this rumor?

Opinions about what should be or not be in the next release of AutoCAD (that would be 2018 as you are way too late for the 2017 version) can be addressed by visiting the AUGI website when they announce it's time to start putting together the next "Wish List". There is no guarantee that AutoDesk will/will not include users wishes as the gods do what they please, how they please and when they please. We are but mere mortals put here on earth for their enjoyment.

well then it looks like I need to turn into a God. As for the phone, no still on a nice nokia, tv what the heck is a tv?

As long as you never upgrade what do you have to worry about? Make any changes to what you are using now and stop worrying about what tomorrow may bring (or may not bring). Heck, we have people here who are using AutoCAD 2000 and even a couple of releases (e12 and r14) that predate that. If they can go more than a decade without upgrading so can you.

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-add-classic-workspace-toolbars-to-autocad-2015-tip9843

Give that a gander

also i believe you can sync you current cui with autodesks cloud though im not sure if thats an option in 2009

settings sync.png

My guess is like most things ive found, it may go away in some fashion but it can still be called upon if you know where to dig.