Folding Paper Airplane animation

ziggyzagzag

Hey guys,

I'm supposed to make an animation for a uni project and i've only gotten the software 3 days ago so i'm very new but i want to get this done quick.

I've found the tutorial on Youtube but it skipped to many steps for a beginner.

Basically, I need to make an animation of a paper folding itself into a simple paper airplane and then flying off.

Something like this :

Anyone willing to give me a walk through? Thanks! :)

So, for your project, your instructor has asked you to create an animation using software that you're unfamiliar with and you have absolutely no training or knowledge of how to do it? :?

Or did you choose to do this animation as your project? If so, I recommend that you do something else. Studio Max is not an easy program to learn and you have no training and only 3 days so far with the program. But, if this is the project you have to do, I suggest you start studying animation tutorials. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube and other places online. You can start with the links I have posted here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?29434-Free-Studio-Max-Tutorial-Sites-amp-Other-Stuff

And here is one that covers the basics of how the animation you posted was created:

Good luck.

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

I've been practising a lot but I'm gonna take your advice and try and do something else. Also, thanks for the links!

Cheers!