No objects visible in model space/3d views

PACKRAT69

Does anyone have a solution to or know the setting responsible for the following: I have a full set of symbols that are visible in model space/plan view. When I change view in model space (to an isometric view, for example), none of the objects are visible. If I revert to plan view, they are visible again. The same is true if I create a viewport in paper space...the objects are visible in plan view but not in other 3d views. Any help is appreciated!

Problem Drawing.dwg

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I just opened your drawing, and tried all four isometric views, and as shown in the screenshot, they worked fine.

What visualstyle are you using, 2D Wireframe?

Did you zoom extents in your new views?

If not, that will probably do it for you.

they work fine for me in all isometric views.jpg

Dang! I'm glad the drawing is workable but now I need to find the system/drawing setting that is causing it on my side. Other drawings that I have are working fine.

To answer your questions, I am using 2D wireframe, but the result isn't different with other visual styles (I have tried them all!) and it's not a question of zooming...I have also tried all zooms and the symbols are just not visible.

Having looked through the Layer Properties Manager I don't see anything amiss.

I can't understand why Zoom EXTENTS wouldn't find them, unless you have some extra flotsam way out in modelspace, but like I said, worked fine for me with no monkey business whatsoever. I expected the viewports to look empty, and to have to go find the errant flotsam somewhere around the perimeter of the extents zoomed view. I am pretty good with system variables, and I can't think of any that would cause this problem.