plotting to pdf not accurate

ddddsss

hello I'm quite new to autocad but I'm slowly learning, anyway I know enough to make a floorplan and etc. The problem is when I plot it to pdf, I know you have to set up the viewport and page set up manager and all the basic stuff. I've done all of that already but when I plot it to pdf at actual size it's always off by like .5 cm ( I use a 1:100 scale) I measure on screen with a triangular scale.

I've always had this problem and I thought that it was either my pdf viewer (at 1st I was using mozilla's) so I switched to nitro reader, but nothing was happening it was still not accurate. (also if you ask why I don't use acrobat reader, it's because whenever I try to install it on my desktop all my icons become pdf files and won't open anymore) please help me, It's so frustrating not having accurate dimensions. by the way I use autocad 2013 version.

measure on screen

Press the magic buttons for you screen size and it will then work ! You can not measure of the screen.

If you have plotted onto paper and the scale is wrong I would bet its because you have done a "fit" as the plot method. You need to use actual size, a check of our pdfs and we would be lucky to be 1-2mm wrong on a A1 plot.

The last time I put a scale to a screen, it was a CRT. I wasn't taking actual measurements. That was my way of doing reference scaling.

Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of AutoCAD users have been printing to PDF just fine for years.

If there was a scaling issue, it would be common knowledge.

You are making a mistake at some point in the process, either while printing from AutoCAD to PDF, or in the process of printing the PDF to Paper.

Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post so we can take a look at it ourselves. Perhaps someone will even attempt to plot it to PDF.

I measure on screen with a triangular scale.

It looks like BIGAL was the only other one to catch this, even though it was mentioned in both responses. This is not a way to verify accuracy of a PDF.