Spoon and pickup v shape

endlasuresh

Here is one another model that I would like to process it in CNC Milling machine. The name of the component is dig seedling, this is useful for bonsai plants. I tried using from the front draw, but stopped due to some problems.

dig_Copy.jpg

What I am asking is where to start the drawing and I belive these may take for lofcut or extrude cut, but still looking to get help from you. I already did a sketch but it did not made fully drawn.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• endlasuresh

• shift1313

some of the shape is only there because it was injection molded. For instance under the scoop area how it dimples down into a "V" is because they are trying to keep a consistent wall thickness.

There is no one way to build this model. I would likely start with the right hand side of the image since it appears to be flat. This design will take the knowledge of a lot of surfacing(in my mind thats how i would do it). Since its a molded part and you are planning to machine it you will need to consider the limitations of your machine, what tools you have, and how you are actually going to hold the thing to machine it.

What is the purpose of copying it to machine it? Why not design your own?

I would like to do my own design instead of that remodeling, however I am still confused why they used like that in design. We don't use these products neither used them, only seen on Internet.

we had our own products that has own design, but all of these Irrigation products comes with same diameter and they are build in different lengths just in case against copyright issues.

You are true as it is built in Injection Mould and the thickness is made for easier to pull out from Die.

It is not in straight line, but I am looking to do in straight of the V shaped including Spoon. ill post the drawing in night.

Hi matt

I think they were good for me, but currently I don't have CC or unable to Pay by PayPal. I may ask someone to pay you $25 for anyone course, but it takes some time. Do you think it would be necessary presently, since I am sticked with only few items.

I decided to stay with Irrigation components for the future too. let me know If I can draw without the course presently.

I want to learn something, since the last time Die makers had wasted my time and money.I will try to pay you in the next month becuase will be free and get someone to buy for me.

no suresh you don't need to buy any tutorials if you don't want to. It all depends on how you learn. I am self taught. I like to work my way through and figure things out. it takes time though. Once you understand the basic concepts of what features can do what geometry it opens everything up. the bulk of the geometry is straight forward, its the blending of shapes where it takes the time and knowledge in the tools. Give it a shot and let us know where you get stuck.

Thanks, Matt. but it is good to learn every tool, then designing any item can be possible. I never thought to learn this Cad design in life but at the moment ill give a try this item.

Anyway here is what I am thinking to use.

The item was made in slopes for easy to eject from plates. I am thinking to use loft method to get those slopes from top to bottom and the loft cut in the middle. Is it possible to do these things?

suresh, its possible to do anything. I would probably make the V shape first, then the spoon shape and connect them. I would probably use boundary surface, but in this case loft might actually work a little better since it allows you to do a Centerline path.

What kind of CNC machine will you be using to make this? Because with conventional fastening into a mill this will be extremely difficult. You will likely need to do "tabs" and hand cleanup after machining. I would probably put some small threaded holes in the bottom of the handle and make a fixture to hold and support the bottom.

Not to get you to jump platforms but Autodesk Fusion360 has CAM built into it and is free for people in school, hobbyist or companies making under 100k USD per year.

Ill get the diagram today in night was busy with that last item. This will undergo CNC milling machine, but as far previous results we didn't get the exact dimensions in the Die.

The drawing was totally based on 7 planes using loft method, I also thought same what you said and did before posting here, but watching a video about hammer it given a clear idea how the component was built.

I cannot jump into another software because I would rarely give it to Die makers, if there are more works needed.

Finally i drawn my own design, the last is loft cut on both sides.

nwsj6afwv

Can you tell how should i cut it leaving 1 mm thickness. please check the image in first post first one image.

i am thinking to use center straight line slot at top and bottom for cutting within the shape.

dig.jpg

The dimensions are here sample.

At the top center straight line is 10mm

at bottom that is 5 mm apart center straight line is 6mm

Let me know how to cut them leaving 1 mm thickness for spoon as i drawn it usin spline.

I am tired of trying for the u shape loft cut in spoon or v shape. It doesn't making the cut or errors. Here I am giving some dimensions

The spoon top u shape is 10 width and bottom width 6mm both goes in a loft methos so that the piece would come easily out of die.

I hope you understood my problem. I may send today my file to you, if I didn't at this time.

sorry suresh i have been pretty busy and not able to get back here. There are many ways you can do it. You can extrude cut "offset from surface". You can use surface tools by offsetting the outside shape the 1mm and then use them to "cut with surface" or "thicken cut". You can also split(using a sketch and the insert>features>split) tool to cut the spoon end off of the rest and then use the shell feature to make it 1mm.

Thanks,

finally someway did it, but did not used actual dimensions what I needed will proceed tomorrow.

The problem was when i draw lines they wont get cut as it need some approximate dimensions as the Solidworks say.

I got a problem in the last diagram that cone shape, when I given the file in DXf format the lines aren't showing what I did also the diameter was changed from 22 to 21.91.

Is their any problem gone with me?

I am finally got tired, sometimes I feel drawing was going fine, but it won't allowing me to cut where I want or thickness.. I just need a small help in cutting of crossed square.

I have deleted the old file that was on kept drawing. It is not allowing me to cut where i want how much depth.

Here is a screenshot what I meant in this square I am trying to cut from the top or bottom by leaving 3 mm thickness at the bottom, that is crosses shape.

It should have thickness at the bottom what i mention. I hope you got it what I meant.

fd_Copy.jpg

Yeah, tried a lot of times, but it wont allow me to select that center straight slot. Shell makes the square to cut, but not the center sketch that was drawn.

Suresh, i didn't realize you only wanted to cut out the slot. In the future if you want to use shell on just a small area of the face you can use your sketch and create a "Curves>Split Line" that will let you select just a small area.

To use this as an extrude you first need to select the end condition "Offset from surface" If that isn't available in your version of SW(its been around for a long time) then you will need to go to your surfaces tab and make a 3mm offset surface to extrude cut up to.

Step 1.jpg

After you select the end condition you will need to select the face you want to offset from. In this case the pink highlighted face.

Step 2.jpg

Then you can enter the distance you want to offset away from that face. In some cases you might need to check "reverse offset" depending on the direction and normal of your face.

Step 3.jpg

Here is a section view of what it should look like.

Step 4.jpg

Thanks, Matt It worked.

I didn't used these things in extrude cut, but from this tutorial got it.

Also, is there any method to cut from one slot to another slot in a slope direction.I tried using loft method and it cuts only if the two are in some sizes.

An Example the top slot is width 20 and length 30mm

and bottom slot is width 10mm and length 20mm, but the loft method is not allowing e to cut as it says goes in 0 or something that it cant be cutted.