Removing "Entire Network Plan"

Silvercloak

Labeling in Civil3d is...somewhat easier.

But I swear the label type always resets to "Entire Network Plan" far too often. It's a royal PAIN IN THE...

Is there any way to remove this or change the default? This is becoming a huge peeve of mine and I swear one of these days I'm going to CAD Rage on my computer...

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully you deterred away from going Hulk on your computer. Were you able to figure this out? I would like the answer myself. Thanks

Miler

Forgot to add, you can however, select a pipe/part, right click, and choose 'Add Label' from the context menu (as example).

Cheers

Hopefully you deterred away from going Hulk on your computer. Were you able to figure this out? I would like the answer myself. Thanks

Miler

Didn't go hulk on my computer, although Civil3d frequently pushes my buttons. I never found a solution to this problem though. :(

Maybe one day I'll hook myself up to the matrix so I can download "Programming" and rewrite a more efficient version of AutoCAD. I swear a $70 game performs better than this $6,000 software package.

Silvercloak

Didn't go hulk on my computer, although Civil3d frequently pushes my buttons. I never found a solution to this problem though. :(

Maybe one day I'll hook myself up to the matrix so I can download "Programming" and rewrite a more efficient version of AutoCAD. I swear a $70 game performs better than this $6,000 software package.

Silvercloak

While you wait for Autodesk to fix this, or for you to learn to do what you want yourself... You're welcome to join the Dark Side; we've got cookies. :thumbsup:

SincPac SPADDLABELS Command:

Description

The SPAddLabels command allows the placement of Civil 3D Labels by clicking the anchor point and then the drag location. The style of the label is determined by the styles selected in the dialog box. In addition the label is placed on the specified layer.

Usage

Type SPAddLabels at the command line. The SPAddLabels dialog box is presented.

SP_SPAddLabelsDialogBox.png

... More

While you wait for Autodesk to fix this, or for you to learn to do what you want yourself... You're welcome to join the Dark Side; we've got cookies. :thumbsup:

SincPac SPADDLABELS Command:

So this will fix the ridiculous "default" thing with the network labeling?

Thanks - I'll give it a test drive and if it works well I'll see if I can convince our CAD manager to make it a standard tool. :)

Silvercloak