Hatch Poly Lines in a particular layer

bend

Hi,

I am trying to get some advice on the best way to hatch multiply poly lines in any particular layer.

I do not want to manually hatch each poly lines as there are dozens in multi files and was hoping to get some help with a simple script.

I have attached an example of what I will be working with the layer I wish to hatch is 1129.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers bend

nb120.dwg

One way would be to isolate the layer (1129) then hatch all the closed polylines. A second option would be to use a custom lisp routine but you would have to supply some further information such as the name, scale and angle of the hatch pattern you wanted to use.

Question. Are you also hatching areas where the closed polylines overlap each other?

Edited by ReMark

Yes in some cases the hatch will overlap.

The hatch is "cross" scale is "0" and angle is "0". The lisp routine was what I was thinking due to the large number of files.

bend

Not recently as I have been busy helping another member with a 3D model problem. I would have thought by now that one of the lisp gurus would step in with a nifty routine that would solve your problem. I found one myself, elsewhere, but for some strange reason it refused to work on your geometry but would work on geometry I created.

I think I figured out why the routine I tried did not work on your drawing. It appears the drawing does not use normal polylines but instead uses 3Dpolylines (at different elevations with differing vertex 'Z' values). BIG difference! I think that is something you should have told us right from the beginning don't you? I don't think you will be able to hatch these objects in the way that you want.

Edited by ReMark

Thanks for looking at it. The data is a bulk export I have done through another software package and if I had known it would cause such a BIG issue I would have allowed for it. This being considered is there any chance I could have a look at the routine you found.

Within the original files I can write something that will average the RL and flatten all the corresponding poly lines.