RE: Hatch

dlw

Please see attached.

As shown, the hatch is out from the wall.

The hatch was created on the wall, or, I thought it was.

The hatch, I think, is actually on 'y' axis at '0'.

Whereas the wall is at '4"' on the 'y' axis.

When creating the hatch, a few times, I do not see a way to place the hatch at '4' on the 'y' axis.

What am I doing wrong and how can it be corrected

Thanks,

dlw

Capture-1.PNG

It might help if you set the origin of your UCS in the proper location and orientation prior to trying to hatch. Personally, I see little reason to hatch a 3D drawing if all you are going to do later on is attach materials. That is what you are going to do right?

Is that hatch pattern supposed to represent clapboard or vinyl siding by any chance?

Edited by ReMark

It might help if you set the origin of your UCS in the proper location prior applying the hatch. Personally, I see little reason to hatch a 3D drawing if all you are going to do later on is attach materials. That is what you are going to do right?

Were you attempting to do something similar to this?

Hatch Face 3D Object.JPG

Yes, Thanks for asking.

I created an array of lines to represent logs.

Need to figure out how to remove part of the lines where they cross door and windows.

Researching now. Or, tomorrow rather.

dlw

Yes, Thanks for asking.

I created an array of lines to represent logs.

Need to figure out how to remove part of the lines where they cross door and windows.

Researching now. Or, tomorrow rather.

dlw

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

ReMark & Cad are absolutely right, pay attention, as they know what they are talking about.

Check out the tutorial link Cad64 posted, as it will be a real eye opener for you.

You can't remove part of an array without trimming it which for a 3D drawing would be the wrong approach. If your ultimate goal is going to be a rendered image then applying material would be the best approach. The only other option I can think of would be to create actual logs as 3D solids which would be doable but a little more time consuming.