Publish issue

xrunnurx23

I am using AutoCAD C3D 2014, and I can view linetypes just fine in AutoCAD, and I can plot single layouts fine and all linetypes come out correctly.

However if I publish a file, whether its a single layout or multiple, certain linetypes do not show up.

All of my support paths are fine, I have the linetypes, shape files etc, but it still will not show.

It used to work perfectly fine, suddenly it stopped working correctly, I have searched up and down the forums to try to resolve this to no avail.

No errors show in the publish log.

Please help!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xrunnurx23

• RobDraw

• Grrr

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You need to find out what the difference is between the two plot settings. It doesn't make sense that "certain" linetypes plot fine but others don't. Please verify that you are using the same plotter and page set-ups. Also, post a sample file and/or some images so we can see what you are talking about.

Hi,

What are yours LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE variables for each layout tab?

While I'm publishing I use LTSCALE 1 and PSLTSCALE 0 for each layout and my linetypes plot correctly as they are shown in modelspace. (But I always have viewports with the same scale for each layout)

Ofcourse I manually adjust the linetype's scale value for each of my lines, in the properties panel - but thats how I'm used to work.

Ofcourse I manually adjust the linetype's scale value for each of my lines, in the properties panel - but thats how I'm used to work.

That's a scary thought.

That's a scary thought.

Hi Rob,

Well I have to say the good thing about it is that I don't get stuck with adjusting a bunch of variables

to get my plot files look exactly the same as I see them in modelspace.

Instead I manually change the properties of one line and by filtering and using MATCHPROP I achieve the same result! :)

Good thing is a bit of a stretch. Overwriting standard settings is meant for occasional use to fix unusual circumstances, not for setting everything individually. If it works for you, that's fine. I've never seen it done like that and if I ever had to work in a file like that, I would remove the overrides and set it up properly.

Overwriting standard settings is meant for occasional use to fix unusual circumstances, not for setting everything individually.

I agree about that, but there are often cases like these for example:

1.You have layer "construction" with default linetype "continious" and lots of drawn objects on that layer.

2.You have to show additional objects on that same layer but they must be with "dashed" linetype.

What to do?

A. Change the linetype of those objects in the properties tab.

Or:

B. Create additional layer with "dashed" linetype to use specially for those objects.

What I'm trying to explain is that if user needs to create sub-layers for each of these cases, the drawing would end up with a bunch of layers. (just like they are exported from REVIT)

Therefore for more "readable" drawing I limit my layers by their basic group/material type (if possible).

And yes, I'm familiar with using layer group filters, but that doesn't mean every one you work with is too! :)

As for the OP's question, I had a similar problem, but I fixed it with changing the PSLTSCALE to 0. Ofcourse it depents on the user's way of working.

Does he have multiple viewports with different scales in a layout?

Does he use annotative scales?

What I'm trying to explain is that if user needs to create sub-layers for each of these cases, the drawing would end up with a bunch of layers.

Layers are free and much more manageable than overrides. We have fifty standard layers for HVAC alone. When you add in the layers from architectural backgrounds and XREFs from other trades, we can easily end up with hundreds of layers.

Again, overrides as a rule is not good drafting. If it works for you fine, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. You may as well draw everything on layer "0" and set the properties for every element individually.

Rob,

I understand, its a matter of the company's standarts.

As a stand-alone drafter I feel more free, since only the content on the paper matters.

I totally disagree. First off it's not a matter of company standards. That's not what I said. It' good drafting practices. Drawing without standards just makes it harder. When I do side jobs, I have my own standards. I'd rather manage a ton of layers and take comfort in knowing everything on that layer plots exactly the same.

With that being said, keep in mind we are heading towards electronic documentation and good (and bad) drafting will be something that is seen more and more, not hidden by a piece of paper.

1st is the cad, blue guiderail & red tree line

2nd is a plot, they show up fine

3rd is the publish and it doesnt work!!

I need to be able to publish because I have to hundreds of drawings at a time.

Thanks!

CAD_2.jpg

PLOT.jpg

EXXXXXXXX-E0101_E0104-E0204.jpg

1st one is the cad

the second is the plot, linetypes show fine, the box beam guide rail & treeline.

the third is the publish, does not show the linetypes anymore.

Beyond frustrated

Okay, what about the settings.

You need to find out what the difference is between the two plot settings. It doesn't make sense that "certain" linetypes plot fine but others don't. Please verify that you are using the same plotter and page set-ups. Also, post a sample file and/or some images so we can see what you are talking about.