Array How to change the number of items?

Hi all,

Ok its been a while since I used AutoCAD (2010) I am now using 2015 now and I can't seem to array a line polar like I use to, I can array it, but can't find how to change the quantity, it gives me 6 no matter what and I really can't seem to locate where I change that

I am typing the command like I use to, yet no dialog, but either way I would think there would be a point to enter a quantity

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Are you ending up with the "new" ARRAY object?

If so, before the command completes, you have the opportunity to change the number of objects.

If you already have a completed array, you can change the number of objects in PROPERTIES.

array11.jpg

array22.png

You might want to read up on the new ARRAY command too. Slightly different than the one you were used to. BTW...one call go back in time when doing an array by using the ARRAYCLASSIC command.

Thanks,

When did they mess with that, as I was feeling like a newbie all over again, as I never remember having to do that in the past, I remember the old dialog box you could change things, and I used r14 about 6 years ago and think you had the option to change the number before it put them on the screen

Thanks again,

Jim

.... and think you had the option to change the number before it put them on the screen

Well, you still do for the most part, as the first screen capture in my post above shows.

I think the new version of the ARRAY command was first introduced with the release of AutoCAD 2012.

I believe that is correct.

http://www.varisys.com/vs2007/PDFs/ACAD12_tips.pdf

You have to be careful with these because Autodesk started repeating the info. For example the "What's new in 2013" booklet repeats the Array info as it it was new in 2013. :(

This one is a polar array, but they all are quite easily edited from the ribbon. Simply select the array and the contextual tab will have all the tools.

array.jpg