I Want to create a line and perpendicullar and aligned it an into nod of a point ?

Deby Ferdian

How to create a line and Perpendicular or Parallel or Aligned to this one point that I create before. Without do move those both of that point ?

I attach my result file of dwg so far this time til today I didn't.. -_-"

How to create a line and Perpendicular or Parallel or Aligned to this one point that I create b.dwg

~.Sorry about my words. I am still beginner and I am also still process of learning in english.~

Edited by Deby Ferdian
That have a less word I left to input supposed be!

Is this what you want to do?

The yellow line is perpendicular to the sloped object.

3DPerpLine.PNG

Or does the endpoint of the line have to be located at the node which for some strange reason has a thickness of .01? Like this...

3DPerpLine1.PNG

Edited by ReMark

So you want to move the white line to the node and you want to make it perpendicular to the slope like my yellow line in the second image?

3DPerpLine12.jpg

Not sure there is any benefit to having lineweight enabled while working in 3D.

My intention is to make a thick white line that remained there and stand upright on the left side of the points above and adjusting the length of the line to the height of the solid object ..

Then rotate the line and change its length using any one of a couple of methods. What's so difficult about that? You don't need the second node at the peak of the slope.

3DPerpLine13.jpg

From these two points it is the result of mine or what I thought or do about it but the results stated I do not get any results from it. My second aim is after the line is made of the same length with a high solid object that is so I can calculate the height. In conclusion; make the line by adjusting the height and produces high calculation line of solid objects.

#sorry if I have do a mistake about my words or sentences and then so it makes you to hard to got me or understanding my speaks..

You are right....I have no idea what you just said.

Is the line in my last image in the correct location? Yes or no?

Is the line shown in the correct orientation? Yes or no?

The location is true very well..

But the position I mean orientation supposed be stay in stood as an orthographically. Just only the length/long/height of the line that have to be adjusted..

This is my further try that has been completely done could be this good idea but still will be difficult way in some case.. May be you have a simply way then me @ReMark or any one else ?

My try!.jpg

Edited by Deby Ferdian
too many views of the pict!

I just love it when people don't make an attempt to answer my questions when I am trying to help them.

I guess we just continue to play 20 questions.

You want the white line to be the same height as the node at the peak of the fold? Yes or no? If the answer is yes then one option is to use math to calculate the difference in height of the two nodes. If the line has not been drawn yet you now have its length. If the line has already been drawn but it is the wrong length then use the LENGTHEN command to adjust the height or change its length in Quick Properties or Properties.

The yellow line is 1.9219 units in height. The top of the line is even with Node 2.

3DNode1.jpg

How the height was calculated. I used the LIST command to get the "Z" coordinates for Node 1 and Node 2 and calculated the difference. This gives us the height of the yellow line.

Node1-Node2.PNG

Yes. That's right! I want to draw the line to be the same height as the node but in case in my situation, I stil did not know about the height so the actually what I want to know exactly is that the height without should I draw the point at the first.

Oh yeah! Yes. I have post it an above before you but Do you have any ideas be simply then me! How do get the height without draw the line and points, could be such as "DIMALIGNED" or any ? How to draw the line without have to know the height first ?

Edited by Deby Ferdian
Be descriptively !

Use the LIST command to get the Z coordinates (this will depend on the orientation of the UCS) of the two nodes and do the math. Then draw your line.

3DNode2.jpg

Perhaps a simple graphical way, without looking at numbers, would be to draw a line from the point on the ridge perpendicular to the vertical line from the valley point. Take a front view and trim. Job done :)

JobDone.PNG

Yes.. Alright! That's exactly what I mean.. It's greate, It's a good job, Well.. Done @eldon.. it's same with my way in advance.. I do agree with you @eldon thanks!

Edited by Deby Ferdian
Fix my congrats!