I get an error when I try to convert the solid object to "NURB"

Deby Ferdian

I get an error when I try to convert the solid object to "NURB". after that I quit it from "windows close" and then save, and...

It said,

"FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xbe63b468 Exception at ebbc7bd9h"

Why I have got this? It supposed be done right??? (CONVERT SOLID TO NURB) my solid object is POLYGON with three(3) angle then I make it completely solid with EXTRUDE then I TAPER the top side to be one(1) angle.

#So sorry about my words I'm starting to learn of english and still process and go on til today...

Edited by Deby Ferdian
made corrections of word!

So what is the matter about my way? or What I though were right? That is my CAD application was getting an error or some corrupt has occorud and won't work again be optimal. Right! So, all I have to do is just do Re-Installation of my CAD application. Is this way makes me bring to be helped or may be wrong? Is it can makes me help?

Before you do something as drastic as re-installing, have you tried simply shutting down and restarting Autocad?

Another thing you should try is to start a new drawing, create a solid and see if you can convert it to Nurbs.

Also, your profile says you are running Autocad 2013, is this correct? Have you installed service pack 2? https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-service-pack-2.html

Yes.. of course I do! even though I often clean my registry with registry program cleaner and restart the computer and then I try to start it back, I mean the AutoCAD.. But this methode just functionally of to my new drawing only but in another case in my worries is how about if my middle do when are my job desk is currently running way and sunddenly have get an error just like that how to fix it and make this problem completely resolved well if this problem comes again in the near feature? and then so to make me can hendled it by my self...

Yes. You are right.. Very right! version of mine is AutoCAD 2013 x64 with SP1. I have not Installed or upgraded yet to SP2..

Edited by Deby Ferdian
Try to make be definitely!

I have a log fle stored by CADsystem where the log file come to be place and store at my file *.dwg I save to (in a same location). that is "acad.err" and I was try open it by notepad and have notice, it said:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xbe3db468 Exception at eafd7bd9h

I was try Re-installing my main CAD application without tools & Utility and it does not work anything. What the really happening to my CAD application. What's wrong? would somebody able to explain this all to me. Please... and give me a suggestion!

I was try Re-installing my main CAD application without tools & Utility and it does not work anything. What the really happening to my CAD application. What's wrong? would somebody able to explain this all to me. Please... and give me a suggestion!

This is why I said you shouldn't do something as drastic as reinstalling until you're absolutely sure it is your only solution. I gave you a few suggestions to try. Did you install SP2? Did you try starting a new drawing, creating a solid and converting to Nurbs? Or did you just reinstall without trying anything else?

Take a look at the link below for instructions on how to perform a clean uninstall.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-products/clean-uninstall

Once you are ready to reinstall, you may want to disable your anti-virus software. This can sometimes block programs from installing correctly.

After doing all of the above, if Autocad still doesn't install correctly, you may need to remove all Autodesk products from your system:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-products/remove-windows-products

Not, I did not yet! Yes, my new convert and with a new drawing solid to NURB it has been successfully acomplished then after that I re-install my AutoCAD with a fully service..

If you were able to convert a Solid to Nurbs in a new drawing file then there was no need to reinstall. The problem is not with Autocad but with that drawing file for some reason. There are other things you could have tried, like inserting the problem drawing into a new drawing, Purge and Audit the problem drawing, Install SP2, etc.

You asked how to solve the problem in case it happens again in the future. I was trying to walk you through the steps on how to troubleshoot and solve the problem. Reinstalling is a drastic step and should only be done as a last resort when all else fails. 99% of the time the problem is either a result of user error or some corruption in the drawing file database. Very rarely is it a problem with the program itself.

So anyway, you reinstalled. Is Autocad working now?

No. After I re-installed the problem still comes up to me again and again and over again coming way with the same point. I think I got it now. What a caused of this problem by? It is caused by a data corruption, right? Do you agree with me @Cad64 'cause this all time I'd tried at one day when I'm trying to fix it again with a copy my drawing of a copy of a base point into the other windows of the AutoCAD or the another drawing then I pasted them an into a new this one and finally I did very greate and have gets look okay! Well.. now, my drawing and everything was fine..

#Thank you @Cad64!you was company me to troubleshoot this problem together and resolved until gets fine till now and the sorry about my english is not very well.. ^_^"

Edited by Deby Ferdian
put on paragraph sign!

Are registry cleaners necessary? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/are-registry-cleaners-necessary#1TC=windows-7

AutoCAD fails to start or Property Palette cannot be used after registry cleaner is run https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-fails-to-start-or-Property-Palette-cannot-be-used-after-registry-cleaner-is-run.html

There's a lot of issues related to registry cleaners. AutoCAD isn't found on most PC's, but uses the registry more than most software. Trusting any software to know what AutoCAD registry entries need to be modified or deleted is taking a big leap.

I've never used a registry cleaner as I've heard too many horror stories, mostly about Norton software. What issues have you had that you feel the need to use one of these?

What a caused of this problem by? It is caused by a data corruption, right? Do you agree with me @Cad64 'cause this all time I'd tried at one day when I'm trying to fix it again with a copy my drawing of a copy of a base point into the other windows of the AutoCAD or the another drawing then I pasted them an into a new this one and finally I did very greate and have gets look okay! Well.. now, my drawing and everything was fine..

Since you are able to perform the conversion from Solid to Nurbs in other drawings, I believe the problem is with that drawing file, not with Autocad.

And I agree with tombu about the registry cleaners. I stopped using them years ago because they sometimes detect problems that aren't really problems, and if you don't thoroughly check out everything they find, they can and will delete entries that are necessary for programs to function correctly. If I were you, I would stop cleaning the registry.

Oh.. Yes! Thanks @Cad64 & @tombu it's so helped! since all this time this I've just know these if it all can be occur to me and make me a very big loss for me. I can't bealive it take will not good effects to my CAD application and could be the due that I was always in a few times I often reset my CAD program to Default Settings..