a weird drawing

samifox

I used qselect to select everything ( select all took twice to do them all) and moved them just a little, they weird stuff either got smaller or disappeared. Might have something to do with the missing xref.

S2860-MMMnew.dwg

Well done that man, you can move it back as well, so there is something strange. It would still be nice to know what software created the drawing?

I would think long and hard on why your drawings seem to have various unexplained anomalies. Something isn't right.

Will someone try something for me please? Invoke the VIEWPORTS command and pick Single. Now describe what you see or don't see. Just trying to confirm something on my end. Thanks.

sami: Why does your drawing have 23 duplicate objects and 432 overlapping objects?

This notation appears at 0,0,0 in the drawing...

sami1.jpg

...and all this geometry appears way, way off in space starting at X=43669.549, Y=-32854.162, Z=0.000.

sami2.jpg

I got the message not Autodesk, and I tried switching to 1 viewport.

it seems like there are 2 viewports at drastically different scales. how I have no idea.

edit by using "CRTL+R" I have found there are 3 viewports, 2 of them in the exact same space.

I have never seen model space behave in such a way.

NOT-AUTODESK.PNG

1 viewport.PNG

No. I've always figured AutoDesk would give me some dire end-of-the-world-as-you-know-it speech for opening a drawing that isn't "trusted". They are obligated to put the fear of God in us.

No. I've always figured AutoDesk would give me some dire end-of-the-world-as-you-know-it speech for opening a drawing that isn't "trusted". They are obligated to put the fear of God in us.

same here, might be a 2013 thing.

I just opened the drawing and got the non Autodesk message also. Not a pop up message but at the command line. And when I check the Drawing Properties it tells me this drawing was created January 01, 1982?

There's something fishy here. :unsure:

Will someone try something for me please? Invoke the VIEWPORTS command and pick Single. Now describe what you see or don't see. Just trying to confirm something on my end. Thanks.

When I run the Viewports command and choose "Single" everything appears fine. It seems to clear out the weirdness and puts everything back to normal.

Thanks for the confirmation. It is exactly what I saw happen as well. I think our man sami is not telling us quite the whole story. There's something rotten in Denmark.