Key Terrafirma Help

LBUG42

Hi I am using key terrafirma to figure out volume of a mound im new to it so ima haveing some trouble understanding it. There does not seem to be alot about it on internet but the tutorials on here witch are great but i have drawn a mound and would like to find the squaer footage that im going to need to create it, it is drawn in cad in 3d but no luck on figurubg the correct way to do the volume in terrafirma can anyone help?

I have just a simple mound drawing useing it to get my head wrapped around the program base is a 0 and goes to 1.5m high. I have followed the tutorials that i could find but no luck.

Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post? If the file size is too large can you make it available via Dropbox and post a link to it here? Maybe someone here would like to see it.

The two magenta colored objects are solids and being that they are I can get the volume, in AutoCAD, using the MASSPROP command. Unfortunately the two profiles in the middle wouldn't cooperate with the LOFT command and they produced an unusable result which means I couldn't create a single solid model.

Mounds_1.jpg

Thanks that gives me some idea i believe in terrafirma it would be able to get volume but cant seem to figure out if im doing it right i have asked for help on the terrafirma site so hopefully i will get an answer soon. Thanks again you have shown me how to get volume on a simple mound.

After giving it some thought I'm pretty sure if I continued to do what I did above for the next two mounds then union everything I could get a volume of the entire thing. Just had to get some fresh air to figure that out.

My final 3D model as one solid.:)

Mounds_2.JPG

Sometimes I just over think these things.:ouch: