content center for office and home

andar424

Hey guys, how do you set up your content center so it works at work AND home?

I have some some custom bolts and other fasteners I use with simplified names so on the BOM I don't have to change a ton of descriptions and what not (I like it to say SHCS not the entire thing, things like that). Well, I can drop in a bunch of bolts in my assemblies, to then not be able to resolve the link at home. I've tried copying and pasting my folder onto a thumb drive and taking it home, and pasting on top of the libraries folder and had them merge. No luck. Still have broken links when opening the assemblies I placed the bolts in at work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Edit:

What setup drops a copy of the bolt into my project folder? Is that where the "As Standard" and "As Custom" come into play? Not the best solution, as it would make my files larger, but I guess the customer would then not have any issues opening things if they had Inventor.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes custom is the best say to transfer files using USB it allows you to save the file outside of the contents folder. Some people like saving content parts in the project folder so this would be the method to use.