XREF not showing up in print preview

rusty

I'm using autocad map 2000. In model view I have inserted a map as an external reference. Then I have created a plot in paper view. Here the xref background is still visible. However, when i choose plot-->full preview I can't see the xref, only the other lines I've created. I'm using a HP designJet 500 in ISO A1 and have the following plot option selected:plot lineweights, plot with plot styles, plot paperspace last.

Any good ideas? The drawing is pretty useless without the map :)

Not really sure about that, where can i check it? Xref manager? I'll go have a look.

EDIT: I couldn't find what you're talking about, could you give me a few more hints? :)

click on the XREF in Model Space and see what Layer it's on. if it's on the Defpoints layer, move it to another layer. if it's not on the Defpoints layer, then type LAYER in the command line, and look to see if the layer the XREF is on is a "non-plot" layer, meaning the printer icon doesn't have a red slash through it in the Layer manager.

sometimes what happens, is you will be on the Defpoints layer, or a layer that has the Plot feature disabled, and so when you bring in an XREF it will set itself on that layer. meaning that you can see everything as normal, but as soon as you plot, there's nothing. haha, it gets confusing at times, and trust me all of us do it.

Thanks everyone, it was on defpoints:-). But one more question, how come I can see the xref when the defpoints layer was turned off?

Anyway, it's printing as I type, so thanks a lot!

how come I can see the xref when the defpoints layer was turned off?

Because DEFPOINTS visibility is tied to layer "0".

Another reason to avoid using DEFPOINTS altogether.

• 6 years later...