Polyline + arcs + close

Hi,

I've been in autocad for hours to do two simple designs - please picture attached, sorry for the bad design.

I need to have this shape with continuous 0,15 thickness and minimize space. Also need do 'PEdit' and Close the shape.

First I tried doing the arcs with circles and then trim them with other horizontal lines for instance. Then when I try to close, it actually closes the broken circles again...

I tried doing with polyline + arcs, but can't figure how those arcs work - they always go to exactly where i don't want them to go.

I hope you can help me!

IMG_7197.jpg

What data do you have to work with regarding the radius and angle for each arc?

Personally I would draw one side and make it a continuous polyline then offset it and close off both ends.

Attach a copy of the drawing you have so far to your next post and someone here will take a look at it.

Edited by ReMark

I don't have any particular data, I'm trying to optimize longer way to get to the same point with a lot of curves.

Tried doing with a continuos polyline but I can't figure out when an Arc goes to opposite way or gets a small radius.

Thanks for helping!

2016-03-23 V02a.dxf

Seems a rather odd task. My suggestion is you draw a reference line for the start and end points then connect the two using a series of non-orthagonal polylines. When you're done with that sse the PEdit command and either the Fit Curve or Spline option. Once you have done that then Offset that continuous polyline the appropriate distance and you're done. Something like this...

Random path 1.jpg

I looked at your drawing and I think if you want to continue to pursue it then follow the advice I first gave you and draw just ONE of the continuous lines then offset it. You might also want to brush up techniques for drawing reverse curves and curves that are comprised of two or more arcs with different radii (compound curve). Another option when it comes to circles is Tan-Tan-Radius. For lines connecting to curves don't forget to use the Tangent OSnap.

Another example using specific radii, angles and line lengths.

Maze1.PNG

Sorry but I have to head on out. I'll check this thread tomorrow morning. Good luck. Post an image of your final drawing when done.

Edited by ReMark

Hey ReMark,

YES I did!

I tried both ways, but the 'Spline' output a lot of segments. The offset function is the best.

Thank you so much for your help. :D

maze_Accomplished.jpg