How to make a 3d solid out of points or 3d poly

hanif

My question is about Solid objects.

I have an output from Abaqus program and they are only coordinates which i get after calculation. these are the deformed rockmass coordinates.

Now i have to make a solid out of them and bring the new deformed rockmass as a solid to Abaqus program back.

in this autocad file which is attached

I have made different layers including different output forms

the frist and second layers includs a command which imports coordinates from text file as a 3d poly

3th and 4th are layers including just points

and the last one which is called test layer is just front and the back side of rockmass even in this layer if you use sweep commands it will make a solid but it doesn't connect the point in a proper way.

Thanks

test different options.dwg

For starters I just have to ask. Why did you assign the same color to ALL the layers in your drawing? How does one differentiate between the layers visually?

I would have thought that if this rock mass was captured as a point cloud in its entirety it would be easier to convert to a solid or is there something about point clouds I am not aware of that would preclude this?

I looked at your file but can not really see the question.

Can you be more clear what you want to do?

Tip: you can draw things and discribe them in DWG as well.

use views, paperspace and stuff to get thing over...

The OP is trying to create a properly shaped rock mass as a 3D solid model. He may have to resort to using AutoDesk Recap or Meshlab to achieve the end result he seeks. I'd recommend searching on the phrase "convert point cloud to 3D model".