AutoCAD 2015 DSVIEWER and background image

NabilG

dear experts,

with AutoCAD 2015, I am trying to use the DSVIEWER command to have an aerial view of my current drawing. Unfortunately, the raster image aka the background image of the aerial view window is missing as you can see it from the attached screen snapshot.

Is there some known workaround or some settings I need to be aware of, to have the raster image as the background of my DSVIEWER window.

I am aware that the DSVIEWER command is supposed not to be supported anymore with this version of AutoCAD, but if someone had some hints on whether there is some simple workaround, i would be grateful.

thanks in advance for your valuable help!

attachment.php?attachmentid=57457&cid=1&stc=1

Capture_DSVIEWER.jpg

A little bit impatient today are we?

Please do NOT post the same question multiple times as in the end it will only lead to confusion and frustration both for you and those of us willing to assist you.

Hi,

apologize for this mistake. I accidentally hit twice the submit button, since at the first attempt, i got some message error (php error)

I could not figure out how to delete the first post.

My question still holds. Thanks!

It's a strange one because in AutoCAD 2014 the drawing one is working on immediately appears in the aerial viewer when it is activated.

Yes I can add that it's working smoothly with AutoCAD 2012 as well, but unfortunately with AutoCAD 2015, the background image of the Aerial view window is not displayed. I don't know whether this is a known issue, but I was thinking of generating some png of the main window and see whether this could be set as background image of the DSVIEWER windows. Is this feasible at all?

thanks

This issue was brought up in the AutoCAD LT General Discussion forum back in July 2013 and referenced again in May 2014 and there does not appear to be any reason given as to why it suddenly changed nor how to fix it.

Remember the aerial view (a.k.a. - DSVIEWER) has been an unsupported feature for a while now. Maybe this is AutoDesk's way of killing it off altogether.

I could of course try to use the NAVSWHEEL command as an alternative, but the DSVIEWER is more user friendly and convenient.

Did someone experience the same issue with AutoCAD 2015. If the DSVIEWER is not supported anymore, why would the command be still active then?

thanks for your help.