Urban Design land use plans??

pixel8er

Hi all

I understand that there is better software for this use - but I'm wondering if anyone uses Revit for this - see attached image as example

Precinct-4-Lot-Mix_zpsnwrkzghp.jpg

I'm particularly interested in being able to automatically generate:

coloured fills based on area range

lot area calculations

lot dimensions

lot numbers

Thanks

Paul

Most of the functions you want are out there in lisp dont know about Revit, nearly all will work with plines, GP has a nice area auto placement, the lines again auto labelling, the frontage is a bit of a problem as unless you draw the lot with a rule that 1st segment is the frontage. Bpoly can be used to create plines. I know I have done some posts that may be useful.

Interesting you have rear access something that is a bit rare these days usually a rear segment would be a linear park or a drainage easement.

Most of the functions you want are out there in lisp dont know about Revit

We're currently using Autocad and have a tool to do this. It's expensive so just looking at other options. Do you have some lisps?

Interesting you have rear access something that is a bit rare these days usually a rear segment would be a linear park or a drainage easement.

This was just an example image I grabbed off the web..think from the US

Interesting to see. Its typical infra/site work has a great deal to do of GIS abilities. Do you work with shared coordinate and other data sources?

Don't think the same way about answering you're questions like it is some kind of AutoCAD product.

Revit is more like a database.I think Dynamo is the pool for you to dive into for scripting and manipulating data..

Revit can definitely do this, but it would take some effort.

Does there need to be any custom programming done or can it do it out of the box?

Does there need to be any custom programming done or can it do it out of the box?
It can absolutely be done out of the box without programming. The only reason you'd need programming is for your request in doing it "automatically". Which, technically speaking, still would require a decent amount of manual setup so not sure how much "automating" you would be able to accomplish.

Area+pline+cadtutor lots of answers

I've got a lisp to do the areas and the dimensions. But still looking for one to do the hatching

It can absolutely be done out of the box without programming

Can you give me a couple of tips please:

1. I know how to get the dimensions but need to do them one at a time

2. Area - not sure how

3. Hatch - not sure how

Thanks

Paul

I'm swapping order because it matters... answering 1, 2 and 3 in order of 1, 3 and 2. :)

1. No need. After you place your 1,2 pick on the dimension string, just click in an empty white space to finalize the dimension. The tool stays active so you can continue on.

3. AutoCAD's Hatch tool = Revit's Region tool. You can find the Region tool on the Annotate Tab > Detail Panel.

2. After you place a Region, select it and the Area populates in the Properties Panel.

The code is quite simple (command "-hatch" pt "" "ansi32") the bit you must pass is the object either last or previous or object returned as part of the Area code and a pt inside the pline in this case probably the insertion pt of the text.

Pixel8r you may have been better starting 2 posts one for the Autocad answer and one for the REVIT answer as the posts are leap frogging due to world time.