Surface Area

joao56777

Hello,

I have a doubt. I need to know what is the area of surfaces.

Attached, you can see, indicvidual 3 "blocks", that i align for create only 1 huge block. With this i need to know the Area of each face of the Huge block

I try to do, but i canot do it. Could any expert explain me how i can achieve the Area of this surface joint.

Best Regards,

João

c20 e 21 e 22_Purge.dwg

I don't understand? What surfaces are you trying to find the area of? There are no blocks in this drawing, no surfaces and no solids. Just lines and polylines.

I don't understand? What surfaces are you trying to find the area of? There are no blocks in this drawing, no surfaces and no solids. Just lines and polylines.

Exactly. With tihis lines and polylines, i need to create, or a surface or a solid, for than reach the area of each face.

Could you help me?

Actually you have two blocks defined in your drawing (_Oblique and MED_MOV_JT_8 ) neither of which appear to be anything more than a line. You also have some 3DFaces.

If you are trying to find the area of each face, including the sides, top and bottom, freeze all layers that are not needed. Loft the top and bottom profiles to create a solid. Use the Copy Faces solid editing command and copy all six faces off to one side (be careful when you do this as some extraneous lines may have to be removed during the copy process). Finally, use the Area command to get the area of each face.

This is what I got for the area of the top and bottom faces:

Command: AREA

Specify first corner point or [Object/Add area/Subtract area] : except default and select object

Select objects:

Area = 291.5786, Trimmed area = 0.0000 , Perimeter = 70.3084

Command:

AREA

Specify first corner point or [Object/Add area/Subtract area] :except default and select object

Select objects:

Area = 330.4566, Trimmed area = 0.0000 , Perimeter = 75.5138

The rest is up to you. Good luck.

My $0,05 like the others not sure what area's ? But you can calculate directly the sloped area's of 3dfaces not the horizontal. In this case where are they ?

I believe the geometry circled in red is comprised of 3DFaces. Why I don't know. Makes me wonder what the OP was trying to do.:unsure:

C20.jpg

Another approach. Loft 3Dpolylines to create the required surfaces. Front and back are easy; sides I think benefit from the use of "guides" (shown in yellow in image below). After creating the surfaces run the AREA command.

C20.1.jpg