"The point of beginning (POB) of this survey is measured

from BM#8332. This benchmark is located at the northeast

corner of the intersection of SW Washington Street and

SW Oleson Road. The coordinates for the benchmark are

1421334.93,783207.62. The first point in the survey for

Oleson Village (the POB) is 113.66 feet from the benchmark

and at a bearing of N5‹2723W. Note the general location of

these points in Figure 2."

So here's my issue. I'm trying to draw a line from the benchmark of "1421334.93,783207.62", but the line won't stick to that first point. If I start a line at 1,1, it will stick. If I start a line at 1000,1000, it will stick. Even if I knock off the last digit of each number before the decimal point "142133.93,78320.62", it will stick. Why is this? My limits are set to 2000000,2000000. I'm lost. This is scary becasue I havn't even started the project yet and I've spent 2 hours trying to figure this out. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

PS. I attached the project.

R,

James

Final Project.pdf

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spillerz

• ReMark

• BIGAL

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

.....or it is sticking but it's very far North East which I can't even navigate to. Why would it be so far away? Is there a setting that I have wrong?

Ok, I figured out I can zoom all and now I can see where's the line is attached. Then I put the next point in but it won't attach the line. Here is what I put @113.66'

Any thoughts?

I work metric and full circle for bearings but that said Units need to be feet set "Engineering" and Angle "Surveyors units" there are other here who work in feet and will correct my attempt, but I got a line.

a little trick copy the two lines below to the command line press enter after e

line 142133.93,78320.62

@113.66'

I have moved your question to the Student Project sub forum: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?73-Student-Project-Questions

You may be interested in this thread which answers a lot of the questions that many students have about this Oleson Village project: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?75731-Penn-Foster-Student-Suffering-with-Oleson-Village-Map!!!

.....or it is sticking but it's very far North East which I can't even navigate to. Why would it be so far away? Is there a setting that I have wrong?

That's the way Penn-Foster elected to set up the project which in my opinion was totally unnecessary. I addressed this issue in one of my many posts about the Oleson Village project. To see your point you'll have to do a Zoom > Window around the northeast end of the line that extends from 0,0,0 to your point. BTW...I hope you know how to enable and use OSnaps as their use will result in a more accurate drawing.

Here is a link to one of the threads I would recommend that concerns this particular project.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?75731-Penn-Foster-Student-Suffering-with-Oleson-Village-Map!!!

That didn't work but I appreciate the reply.

I work metric and full circle for bearings but that said Units need to be feet set "Engineering" and Angle "Surveyors units" there are other here who work in feet and will correct my attempt, but I got a line.

a little trick copy the two lines below to the command line press enter after e

line 142133.93,78320.62

@113.66'

Thank you!

I have moved your question to the Student Project sub forum: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?73-Student-Project-Questions

You may be interested in this thread which answers a lot of the questions that many students have about this Oleson Village project: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?75731-Penn-Foster-Student-Suffering-with-Oleson-Village-Map!!!

Thank you Remark! I had seen a bunch of threads on this project but didn't see yours. I'll head over to your other post now. Hopefully that will solve all my problems and you guys won't have to hear back from me again lol :)

Thanks again for taking the time out of your schedule to help us newbies. It's definitely appreciated!

That's the way Penn-Foster elected to set up the project which in my opinion was totally unnecessary. I addressed this issue in one of my many posts about the Oleson Village project. To see your point you'll have to do a Zoom > Window around the northeast end of the line that extends from 0,0,0 to your point. BTW...I hope you know how to enable and use OSnaps as their use will result in a more accurate drawing.

Here is a link to one of the threads I would recommend that concerns this particular project.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?75731-Penn-Foster-Student-Suffering-with-Oleson-Village-Map!!!

You're welcomed.

Unfortunately I have to work on a project myself and will be away from my computer for a while. However, I'll check back later this morning to see if you have asked any further questions. Good luck.

Hi Remark,

Had to tend to a sick dog. Back on the project now. I was finally able to draw that first line! I hope you don't mind me replying here and referencing the post numbers from your other thread instead of replying on the other thread. Figured it may be less confusing and would spare everyone on there from getting notifications from a 2012 thread. I'm on post #6. I have the first line drawn. I enter the line command and pick my first point as the right hand end of the line drawn. It asks for the next point and I copy and paste exactly "@113.66

I was replying to BIGAL. I tried what he said but it didn't work. That was before I saw your post.

What exactly are you referring to that did not work?

Did you see the link I posted?

Hi ReMark, I tried responding to you again but I think the message got lost in space. It gave me a message that it had to be approved. So here we go again. I'm on post #6 from your other thread. I was able to draw the first line! What an accomplishment haha! I'm now trying to draw the 2nd line. I enter the line command and then pick the right-hand side of the line that I just drew. Then I copy and paste exactly @113.66

Disregard. I got it! I didn't realize the 2nd line was that small but it's there. You did mention zooming in so I apologize. I'm good for now! Thank you!

Ahhhhhh........progress. It's a beautiful thing.

One thing though. If you are entering your dimensions in engineering units that distance should have a symbol at the end otherwise you just drew a line 113.66 INCHES long. 113.66' is decimal feet and inches. In architectural units that would be just on the fringe of 113 feet 8 inches.

Hi ReMark, Yes, I'm definitely making some progress! Thank you! I'm not quite sure I follow "If you are entering your dimensions in engineering units that distance should have a symbol at the end" So I should put that whole symbol, a left arrow, apostrophe and right arrow?

and at the end of which number? Like this? @113.66 or this @113.66n5d27'23"w?

Now I think I know what you mean, it should be @113.66'

Is there anyway to edit it?

You could pick the line and change its length in the Properties Palette.

I am not on my CAD computer at the moment so I cannot view your drawing. Word of advice....do not attach .DWG files to posts unless requested. Why? Well, in this case another "lazy" student might come along and decide to "borrow" your work. Follow me?