Lines are crossing or connected but not in cutting software

Robdiqulous

I have some drawings in autocad. I am pretty beginner at it. I am learning to use it as I go we are only using it for very basic 2d drawings. Anyway I figured out how to turn them into polylines and to snap connect the corners. Everything looks good. When I go to transfer it to my cutting software (CUTWORKS) in a 2000 dxf format, some of the images appear correctly but there is always this ONE corner where it says it isn't attached or the lines don't go far enough. If I change up the drawings it will end up being a different corner. When there is a gap between the lines in my cutting software (CUTWORKS), it makes this huge circle around all the drawings. Does anyone have any idea why it shows up as connected on my autocad drawing but then has a gap in my CUTWORKS cutting software? I used to be able to explode it in CUTWORKS and delete the circle and still have the gap most times but now I am getting a windows error. I think we are missing a cd and I only have the basic module for cutworks but it still works good enough. It just makes this gap for no reason then it wants to connect the two ends and does a huge circle.

Thanks for any help in advance.

ROB

I dont think that would be the case because I am only using the 2d wireframe and in drafting and annotations. I guess I could check but I do the same thing as all the other lines. and it shows it connecting. But on the cutting software it looks like it stops at about the last vertice before it connects to the other line when it does it. It only does it once per drawing. How would I check that if you think that could still be the case?

How do you check? Well you know what corner is giving you trouble right? Click on a line and check its properties. Do this for both lines.

Can you attach a sample drawing to your next post?

Off to a safety meeting. Will have to catch up with you later.

Check at that corner and make sure you don't have a very, VERY short line there, shorter than your kerf allowance. It sounds as though your controller software is running in to a "circle error", which often happens if there is a line or arc shorter or smaller in diameter than your kerf. You may have to zoom way, way in but as ReMark stated, attaching the drawing is the best way.

Make sure the polylines are JOINED and CLOSED. Merely being directly on a snap point is not good enough. Vertices in polylines that are not closed make a start and stop for the cutting tool.

Thanks guy I will remember this for the next time I run into this problem. I discovered a fix for that time being and I have moved onto several new pieces now. I am very new to autocad and have had no training I have been teaching myself how to do all of the things I have been doing so far. I am figuring it out as I go. I am also running the CNC machine with no experience and got that working. Going to watch some training videos this weekend probably.

Any idea what a person making fairly basic shapes and using a digitizer and rescaling and such and putting it into CNC machine software and cutting these pieces on fabric should be making? just wondering. I am teaching myself all of this but I would like to know what I can maybe look forward to in the future.