Help with lighting

off the rock

Working on a control panel. Is it posable to get a light bulb in a panel light to work to indicate that the machine is on? Never worked with lighting before, so any help would would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I don't use ACAD's rendering engine but in other packages:

Materials can have self illumination

Point Lights can be created very small and very dim

Maybe a start

-David

This was done with a small point freen light and some glow added to the green material

I played around with this a little yesterday in 2014 and did exactly the same thing with the green point light and a green plastic LED material but couldn't find a way to set the material to glow. I'm not sure if it's possible in newer versions of Autocad? My material settings are shown below.

Mat Settings.jpg

The version of Accurender ( 2.0 ) I used does not have self illumination. It has glow. The next version ( 3.0 ) is just the opposite. Maybe they just changed the label

limeled.jpg

Yeah, the only options available in 2014 for self illumination are shown in the screenshot I posted. Autocad 3D really leaves a lot to be desired. In other programs it's very easy to create materials that emit light, but not so in Autocad. Maybe someone else knows of a way to do it, but I couldn't find a way.

Thank's guy's for your reply's, I'm going to look into it today.

I was hoping Re-Mark would reply to this as well, if it can be done he would tell you how or the best way round.

I was hoping Re-Mark would reply to this as well, if it can be done he would tell you how or the best way round.

Um ok, I guess I will leave this thread in ReMark's hands then. Good luck to you.