Inventor 2017

Lazer

Another great release.

Personally 3d sketch is amazing along with boundry patch. I know other packages have these but it makes my job easier now Inventor has them.

Personally 3d sketch is amazing along with boundary patch. ....

Can you elaborate?

I have been using 3D sketches in Inventor for as long as I can remember and Boundary Patch back to r10 (that is r10, not r2010).

I haven't had a chance to use 2017 yet. What is new in 2017 about 3D sketching and Boundary Patch?

3D sketch is easier to use allowing you to align the coordinate system to a plane. Ortho now works in 3d space. Sketch directly onto a curve surface. 3D Transform is a nice introduction allowing you to move the 3d sketch with ease.

Boundary patch is is very powerful allowing you to use guide rails. I often use boundary patch so this will be very handy for me.

All in all another good release this year.

• 2 weeks later...

2017 installed and working great.

I used to inadvertently close Inventor when I was trying to print.

I would click on the I, and there might be some kind of Delay, and I would click it again, and poof there goes the program shutting down.

I don't do this anymore with 2017 because they moved the File menu option.

I know, little things.

Question:

Now that I've got 2017, is there any reason why I should not Uninstall 2016 from my PC?

2017Corner.PNG

2016Corner.PNG

Yes the double click on that that icon made the program shut down I'm happy they have changed it in 2017 :)

2017 has only just been released. It will have bugs and issues. These bugs will be address in the service packs that will follow in a month or 3.

I would not uninstall 2016 just yet. If possible keep hold of it for as long as you can.