Repathing Xrefs (no Reference Manager in LT)

hfox

Hello - am hoping someone might be able to advise!

I am working long distance with a company (using 2012 full version) creating their cds for large residential and commercial projects. Found through google research that the best way to resolve repathing the xrefs on the sheets I create and send back to them is by using the Reference Manager.

However, now that in the future you can only subscribe to receive AutoCAD, both this firm and I are considering going to LT as we all work strictly in 2D. The drawback is that LT does not have a Reference Manager to repath many xrefs at one time.

Does anyone know of a separate software that will do this or any other way to do this or . . . . ?

Thank you so much for your help!

Do they not use relative paths?

Can i presume you use there folder structure so why not just map a portable drive to the same same drive letter they use or map a folder as a drive & place file there or make a new partition on your drive with the correct drive letter.

Or if you don't use the same folder structure get them to e-transmit in one folder for you removing the paths, then they just place back in there folders.

Or

http://www.cad-notes.com/quick-and-dirty-tip-resolving-autocad-xref-path/

Am sure there must be some add on's out there but chances are they will only work with full autocad like the .lsp's that would do this for you.

LT 2015 & 2016 both have an xref palette. It may be somewhat limited but I just repathed about 7 of them all at once, to my local folder, from the folder at work (same as dwg folder). One can also mass change them from absolute to relative, and back using shift+select on the xref list.

Either command XREF, or select one of them, and open the xref tile on the contextual xref ribbon.

The image text is kind of small.

Untitled.jpg

Constantly repathing can have it's headaches.

Mentioned already mimicking the drive:/folder structure will work.

Relative pathing is another common solution that is more versatile.

An alternative would be to have them set the pathing and you can keep all the files in the same folder. AutoCAD will find them automagically without affecting the saved path.