Exporting to .STL, .AMF, .ZIP or .GCODE

LtIvan

For a Me3D printer, it can only print these file types: .STL, .AMF, .ZIP and .GCODE.

When printing something from AutoCad, .DWG or .DXF, is there away on AutoCad or any other software that will allow to export or import these file types.

Note I also have Blender and tried import a .DXF file and exporting as an .STL but when I imported the model it didn't turn out so well. It was really small and half of it was missing and was in 2D.

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place.

That's easy to check. In AutoCAD 2014 type Export at the command line and press the Enter key. At the dialog window click on the down pointing arrow where it says "Files of type". Tell us if any of the file types you mentioned appear on the list. We'll wait.........

You can do the same for Import as well.

Question: Isn't .ZIP a file compression format in which case wouldn't you use a program like WinZIP to create the file?

No response? Checking both commands would take no more than 30 seconds. OK, I'll make this easy. AutoCAD 2014 cannot export or import .AMF, .ZIP or .GCODE file types. It can export .STL files but it cannot import them. Next question?

Re: GCODE. I suggest you get yourself a copy of MeshCAM which I believe is available on a trial basis. Start with this link...http://www.grzsoftware.com/download/

Note that the trial version is only for 15 days.

Edited by ReMark

Since you do not appear to be using 3dsMax, I have moved your thread to the AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering Forum.

Your model needs to be a solid, make sure it is not a surface or faces.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-E40AB085-5A19-4E3E-A74C-82F62DCD0DDB-htm.html