View label block problems, autocad c3d 2016

bpoly

Please see attached PDF file.

I am having trouble inserting "PLACE VIEW LABEL BLOCK" from the Sheet View Tab of Sheet Set Manager using AutoCAD C3D 2016.

I never had this problem with C3D-2013 or C3D-2015.

It seems that every time I use the “-V” command to name a view, either for a detail or a named view on a Plan Sheet, I get the default “ViewTitle” when it is inserted into my drawing.

I used this command and procedure for years without any trouble, until now. Is there a toggle or setvar I need to change in AutoCAD 2016 C3D to make this work?

The strange thing is that if I insert a “View Label Block” into my 2016 drawing and get the “ViewTitle”, I can save the drawing and open the same drawing in AutoCAD 2015 C3D, and the name of the view is displayed correctly. Now I can re-open the same drawing in AutoCAD 2016, and the view label block is displaying correctly. It’s like it needs to be “kick started” for the command to work. Any ideas as to what’s happen between AutoCAD versions?

VIEW-LABEL.pdf

• 2 months later...

Are you using Sheet Set Manager? If so go to the drawing in SSM and right click and go to properties, there you can copy the name of the drawing or detail into the description fields. Once done click `OK' and regenerate your drawing and it should auto populate in the title.