Customizing the Ribbon

rlcad

(Using Autocad Architecture)

I've seen that, using some profiles, the UI changes and some buttons disappear. I work mainly in the standard "Autocad" profile, but there are some buttons which it doesn't have; eg. the Add Stairs (STAIRADD) button, which I need.

I've tried using the CUI to transfer it and couldn't find either the button or the command.

How do I transfer it from the Architecture profile to regular Autocad profile?

Thanks.

Go into the cui in the Architecture profile and use the cui find the command and look at its properties ^c^c^p_Stairadd etc copy to notepad all the relevant bits command and icons. Create a dummy item in your other profile CUI and cut and paste the correct command etc and icons. Lynn Allen from www.cadalyst.com has a nice tutorial about changing the cui.

I am using CIV3d but have commands from all over the place in my workspace, just cut and pasted.

Create a dummy item in your other profile CUI...
I'm a beginner at this so please tell me: is a dummy item a special item? or a regular item created in the usual way?

I made a new (duplicate) command and pasted in all the info from the original, and it works. Only problem is that it displays a question mark instead of an icon. What could have gone wrong? I inserted the exact icon identifier as in the original.

• 2 weeks later...
I made a new (duplicate) command and pasted in all the info from the original, and it works. Only problem is that it displays a question mark instead of an icon. What could have gone wrong? I inserted the exact icon identifier as in the original.

Each CUI has a dll file with icons. If you copied the command from a different CUI it may not have that icon in it's dll file. You may have to export it as a bitmap and use it for the new command. Keep in mind the Stairadd command will not work if Acad is the only CUI loaded because it's not a basic AutoCAD command.