How to repair corrupted or damaged .dwg file?

Inzenjerka

I use Autocad 2016.

My computer has an issue with a driver for the video card or rather video card itself. While I was working on a .dwg, the screen went black. I tried to save it with ctrl+s (wish I didn’t) and had to turn off the computer. When I started the Autocad again, I couldn’t open the drawing. It is corrupted, damaged, whatever word you want to use. I have a .bak file but it is in the same condition, useless.

I couldn’t find any solution online. Tried renaming .bak, recovery manager. Tried repair tools. Nothing.

Is there anyone who knows if there’s any way to recover the drawing? Based on everything I read online, I am not very optimistic, but I have to ask, it is very important.

Thank you.

P.S. The .dwg is too large to be uploaded to forum.

This question has been asked and answered many times already, most recently about a week ago: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?96245-AutoCAD-2014.

If none of the suggestions in that thread work then your drawing is damaged beyond recovery and you will need to start over re-drafting it, but I would recommend fixing your driver issue or replacing your video card before doing any further work in Autocad, or any other program for that matter.