Best free software for file viewing

Ammo

Hi there,

What would you recommend as the best free software program to download and view files such as .dxf, .ifc, .stp/iges, .rvt, .nwf etc?

Cheers.

• 6 months later...
Autodesk is best for me...

Ahhhhhh....."AutoDesk" is not a viewer. It is a company that develops and markets software (ex. - AutoCAD). You should know that is you aren't a spammer.

You should know that is you aren't a spammer.

Yeah, I'm guessing he's a spammer. I checked his profile and it says that he's an accountant and his discipline is architecture. I saw one the other day who said he's a dentist and his discipline is electro mechanical. I guess we will need to keep our eyes peeled for the inevitable spam that I'm sure will be showing up any day now.

A bit premature, don't you think?

What if that guy was actually an accountant that does CAD side work or as a hobby and it was a language barrier causing a misstatement or it was a legitimate mistake and he meant to say something else?

I would think it would be worth waiting for the spam to confirm your suspicions and not risk booting a legitimate CAD user.

It wasn't meant to be funny. I believe people should be given the benefit of doubt until they actually do something to break the rules. Booting someone for no other reason than a nonsense post is abusing one's power.

Oh, I really thought you were joking about a guy who can't make up his mind whether he is an accountant working in the architectural field or a dentist working in the electro-mechanical field who may or may not work a side job in CAD and doesn't know that "AutoDesk" is not a piece of viewing software. And now that I've written that out I think the whole idea is even funnier. I give it....:lol::lol:

Dentists and accountants signing up at an AutoCAD help website strikes me as a tad unusual. I only recall one serious dental related question in my time here. As for accountants.....zilch.

Yes, I agree, booting someone for posting a nonsense response is not cause for immediate dismissal. If that were the case the two of us would have been booted many years ago.:shock::lol::lol::lol: