No Double-Click Pan when working with attached/imported files

Ammo

So I've been trawling the web trying to get a simple solution for such a common problem... but alas, no luck.

Was wondering if there had been any new revelations to this middle mouse button wheel panning out to zoom extents other than changing the mouse?

I notice it more when I am working with attached/imported files and tracing over them and there is a lag in the software. (double whammy when my zoom is constantly playing funny buggers with me).

I use my wheel to pan and don't wish to turn the pan setting off... just the double click of it.

Cheers! :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• Ammo

• SLW210

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Post #6 seems to have the solution but IMHO, the problem is the mouse.

Thanks, but unfortunately the link supplied doesn't work

How about a different mouse?

I find it's only happening when I have imported a .pdf and there is lag in the software. I don't have the issue when drawing on a blank page.

There is a ton of information out there that is much better than anything I can spew out in a couple of sentences.

Why don't you do some searching and come back with any questions?

There is a ton of information out there that is much better than anything I can spew out in a couple of sentences.

Why don't you do some searching and come back with any questions?

Given its 10pm here, I thought I'd ask the preliminary question before I got stuck into it in the morning :)

Ammo hi-jacked the thread. It's been determined that it is not a mouse issue.

Well, that's a matter of perspective. If I can learn how to disable the double click function of the wheel without turning off my pan command, then it's a very simple (and cost effective) solution to my problem when working with imported Pdf's. :)

Thank you for the responses relating to the other aspect of my probpem also, I do appreciate it.

From my perspective, if a specific situation causes an issue with the program, that situation should be avoided. Do you really want to just throw a bandaid on part of the issue and not address it head on?

PDFs are still resource hogs and an inadequate machine or network will cause lagging which in turn can cause other issues. The zoom extents could be just the tip of the iceberg. You turn that off and another issue will come up. What you probably need is a better computer and or network. Your performance problems should go away after that. In the meantime, stop using PDFs, problem solved.

From my perspective, if a specific situation causes an issue with the program, that situation should be avoided. Do you really want to just throw a bandaid on part of the issue and not address it head on?

PDFs are still resource hogs and an inadequate machine or network will cause lagging which in turn can cause other issues. The zoom extents could be just the tip of the iceberg. You turn that off and another issue will come up. What you probably need is a better computer and or network. Your performance problems should go away after that. In the meantime, stop using PDFs, problem solved.

I appreciate your responses, but I'd still also like to learn the option of being able to turn the double click pan all extents off regardless. It's an issue quite a few people have asked about after seeing the same question pop up in numerous places.

I don't have a strong background in computers, nor am I in a position at my new work place to make any form of formal requests for upgrades to the computer systems.

So yes, the ideal and thorough way with unlimited resources available to me, would be to be up to scratch with all details as well as being able to upgrade the systems as required... But, alas, for now, whilst I come up to scratch, (and look further into the advice given here to learn more), turning the double click pan feature is a simple solution temporarily. :)

turning the double click pan feature is a simple solution temporarily.

Obviously not.

The simple solution is to convert the PDFs for a more usable format.