Flex Feature, does it apply here?

chubarka

I have enclosed three images by attachment. The purpose of #1 and #2, is only to show the construction of the part in question. The purpose of #3 is representative of a clock, the vertical line pointing towards `12 o'clock, and the shorter line to the left pointing to 10 o'clock. My question is will the Flex tool have the ability to twist the back of this part from 12 o'clock where it is now to the 10 o'clock line? Is this something that the flex tool was designed to do? I don't know thing one about the tool, I would appreciate any input that any one here has and would share with me.

Thanking you is,

Chubarker

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

the flex tool is a bit tricky for sure but yes you could do that. The trick is moving both trim planes and putting the bend axis at the right point. You will want to use the "Bending" option. You need to be sure that your Bend axis is at the same point as your Trim Plane1. You can specify the bend radius and angle. Its easier if you have a sketch with points to locate your trim planes but you can use manual inputs. if its not critical you can just drag them. note that you cant use a point for the bend axis, but you can define a new Coordinate system from the Reference Geometry drop down and use that which lets you select a point.