Baseview issue

Baiksu

I'm trying to bring my drawing from Model Space on the Base command, Layout tab but it's not working it keeps showing command Move, select object. Can anyone help me?

Might you be trying to do this through an active, or maximized Paperspace viewport?

Whoops, now I see what ReMark & Cad64 are implying.

Baseview is for 3D entities, which would seem to imply you are not using LT?

Edited by Dadgad

BaseView is primarily used to extract 2D views from 3D models. The views are placed automatically in a layout.

Baiksu: It would be helpful to know if in fact you are using full AutoCAD and not LT. Well?

I know about the Viewbase command but the terminology being used here is confusing. Typing "Baseview" gives me "Unknown Command", and the "Base" command is used for something completely different, but in the ribbon, on the Layout tab, there is a "Base" button which initiates the "Viewbase" command. :?

I have, and always will be, a command line CAD user. I never used toolbars or menus and I don't use the ribbon.

Anyway, you're right about the OP needing to verify his version of Autocad. Also, there may be something wrong with his installation if different commands are being called when he clicks buttons on the ribbon.

Yes, you're right the icon on the Ribbon identifies the command as Base at least in 2017. I don't have 2011 loaded so it very well could have been labeled BaseView yet invoking the command manually requires using viewbase. I was not trying to be argumentative about it as my experience has been to hear the command referred to using both terms.:?

I understand and I wasn't trying to argue either. My reply was just to explain my confusion with this question. And my reason for sticking with the command line all these years seems justified here since it seems that Autodesk is confusing things by labeling buttons in a manner that is inconsistent with the commands themselves. Using a button called "Baseview" or "Base" to call the Viewbase command doesn't make sense because there is a "Base" command that has nothing at all to do with Viewbase. And why call it Baseview if the command is Viewbase? :huh:

It's too early on a Monday morning for me, and I haven't had nearly enough coffee yet. :bloodshot: