How to fix the dimension line extension?

Got a prob guys. As the picture illustrates, the extension of the dimension line for the left one is a bit longer then on the right. The are created using the same dim. style.

attachment.php?attachmentid=57740&cid=1&stc=1

Can anyone shed some light on this issue.

Thx in advance :)

ss1.jpg

By choosing Keep Text Between Dim Lines on the FIT tab, you are forcing this issue.

I would set the default to be Beside the Dim Line if it doesn't fit, and specify that the TEXT should be moved, as the Architectural Ticks don't really have this capability, unlike a normal arrow.

In those cases where it doesn't fit, a dimension line will be generated beside, but only on one side, not both.

If you want to, you can then manually adjust the Text placement of the dimension to wherever you want it.

The extension line is quite long because it is a function of the Arrow Size, which is 10, and there is the Scale for dimension features scaling of 10 also, which makes for those long lines.

It isn't going to happen without doing it manually. The large size of the Architectural Ticks, coupled with a very small Text offset distance from the Dim Line, conspire to make this rather tedious, or might I say, labor intensive. :|

I take it back, look at the screenshots, I think this is better, because it is easier to use the Move Text Only grip option to drag the dimension down ortho towards the dim line for placement.

use Move Text Only for placemnt of text.jpg

Tight dim with ticks.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

I'm going with suppress arrows if they don't fit inside dim lines check box. Just kills the ticks if they don't fit. I can live with that.

Thx for your help :)