mln file / multiline styles

masterfal

Hi All,

I have this lisp setup that loads various preset multilines from the acad.mln file. Everytime I type the shortcut it asks me to locate the mln file for it to load the style from. Is there a way to get it to automatically look at that file because its kinda annoying having to select the same file everytime (once the style has been loaded, you don't need to load again but the first time you use it, it always asks you to locate it)

example of lisp command below

(defun c:xsf1  () (command "mline" "st" "sf1" "j" "z"))

if I copy the styles to the mln file thats located in the "userdatacache" folder in the main autocad folder in program files, would that solve this issue? (i'm at work and need administrators password to edit files there at the moment so I can't check)

Try copying your .mln file in "C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\"

damn, i need admin password to edit files here also... i forgot about this location.. will try it out once i get access. cheers, appreciate the info!

so after copying the mln info into those locations, it still does the exact same thing.. it asks me to choose the mln file where the style is every time.. when i check which mline styles are loaded its only the "standard" one that gets loaded automatically.

best way to have this would be to get them to all be automatically loaded into every new job somehow.. or if thats not possible is it possible to somehow specify the mln file to use as part of the lisp? just seems a bit silly to keep needing to select the exact same file when it asks..

yep Lee Mac has come to the rescue a couple of times for me now!!

maybe he can work some magic :D

in the meantime i shall load them all into the template as you suggested as that should fix all future jobs at least

That is what I used to do, when I still used them a fair bit.

I posted this screenshot in another thread earlier today, of some steel mln files I had in my default template a number of years ago, for a few profiles which we used regularly.

some of my default template tools for modelspace.jpg