Rendering photo realistic images

alinebrittes

Hello everyone!

I used to model and render on 3DStudio Max but now I have to work with AutoCad12.

I am crating my materials, using weblight and already set my renderer to presentation and everything...

The results so far are satisfactory but I need to improve.

Any online courses to refer to me?

TIA!!!

Aline

set10.jpg

Edited by alinebrittes
Sorry, I posted a picture and just erased

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• f700es

• alinebrittes

• benhubel

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you looking for tutorials to improve your technical methods (setting parameters) or the artistic direction (fill light, dust maps, etc.)?

My question is why the switch to Acad from Max and then why such an older version of Acad? If that is an Acad rendered image then I think it is very nice.

OK how about something like Blender 3D? It's not Max but it is a similar product and has nice rendering engine in it. It's free for whatever work you want to do and open source.

Ah, yes, Blender. I can vouch for that one. Blender can definitely import and export both .fbx and .dxf.

I've had better results with importing .dxf so far, but I've mostly just been importing 2d geometry. You'll have to open the User Preferences (Ctrl+Alt+U) and select "Add-ons" at the top and the category "Import-Export" at the left. click the checkbox by "Import-Export: Export Autocad DXF Format (.dxf)". Click "Save User Settings" at the bottom. Now, after closing that window, go to "File", "Import", "Autocad DXF".

Some Blender tutorial sites I would recommend are:

BlenderGuru

BlenderCookie

BlenderNerd

BlenderArtists

BlenderNation

I'll be more than happy to answer any specific questions you have. I've been using Blender for many years. I will mostly be able to help with modeling related stuff, but lighting and rendering are also things I've done plenty of.

I have seen some great work come out of Blender even though I am too stupid to figure it out.

Have you tried it since 2.5 came out? It's a MASSIVE improvement for new users. They've improved it more since then, but that version was the big jump towards being more user friendly.

even though I am too stupid to figure it out.

You're not the only one. I've been doing 3D work for over a decade, using many different programs, but Blender still boggles my mind. :?

But, having said that, I haven't taken a look at it for a while. Maybe I should download the latest version and see if it's any better. I just remember it not being very user friendly.

Have you tried it since 2.5 came out?

Yes I have and while it is tons better I still have trouble. I need to make myself try it more.

Yes I have and while it is tons better I still have trouble. I need to make myself try it more.

I guess I got lucky enough to be unlucky enough to not have access to other software back when I got started. I quit and retried several times before actually getting into it but I had no other options so I forced myself. Later, I learned Maya, Max, etc but kept going back to Blender because the workflow was so dynamic and allowed for minimal commands when modeling, especially when building by vertex. It is definitely weird though, especially with the right click select (which I love).

1st thing I change ;)

+1

I also reverse the Zoom Wheel direction and have a dark background.

I need to work in Blender more, it is a powerful tool.

For the OP

Have a look through Showcase Forum here at CADTutor, most show the software used for Modelling and Rendering.

You may also want to check this list..List of 3D rendering software