Multileader Overlaping

Hey guys,

how are you all...

I am back with another problem...:D

i have a drawing containing multileaders, these multileaders are overlaped with 4 number of arrow heads. i dont know form where it came,

i came to know this by clicking, right clik and trying to removing each one of them for the same multileader...

another thing is that IT IS ONLY VISIBLE ONLY IN MY PC.

It show a thick line that we can see that its overlaped.

is there is any solution for this.

Multileader_HELL.dwg

The thickness you are seeing is a new feature for overlapping objects that thickens the display when you have duplicate objects. The more objects the thicker the line.

The solution is to remove the duplicate leaders.

The thickness you are seeing is a new feature for overlapping objects that thickens the display when you have duplicate objects. The more objects the thicker the line.

The solution is to remove the duplicate leaders.

Strangely, I figured that as well Rob, but there are no duplicate leaders.

I selected them with crossing windows to check, and they are all singles.

I ran Overkill too, and still had 118 leaders like in the first screenshot.

You need to go into the multileaders themselves to delete the duplicates as they are a part each multileader not separate entities, AIMLEADEREDITREMOVE.

Right you are, Rob!

Thanks for that, I never use them, so was unaware of that. :beer:

They are all stacked up, as you can see in my selection cycling dialog box.

right you are Rob.JPG

i have attached a snapshot where i have highlighted the random leaders which i can see as thick arrow heads.

i dont know how...........:(

only i can view this but in my pc

others pc its normal:x. when i try to remove it, it take four times to remove then its done... only single arrow head remains.

CAD.jpg

I haven't been able to find a variable that turns off the thickening of overlapped objects and there doesn't seem to be much info about this new feature.

Using 2013, you can stop it on the SELECTION tab in Options, as shown in the screenshot.

Might your coworkers be using earlier versions of Autocad than you?

I imagine that is why you are the only one experiencing this annoyance.

old school selection setting options 2013.jpg

visual effects settings 2013.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

This is new to 2015. It has nothing to do with selection preview as it displays thickened when not selected.

So far as I can determine, it is a side effect of the new line smoothing but really nothing out there about this. I'm wondering if it was unintentional on the part of AutoDesk.

This is new to 2015. It has nothing to do with selection preview as it displays thickened when not selected.

So far as I can determine, it is a side effect of the new line smoothing but really nothing out there about this. I'm wondering if it was unintentional on the part of AutoDesk.

Understood Rob, and agreed, more of a display issue.

The vintage of the software being used, may however shed some light on why the OP is, as he mentioned, the only one in his office experiencing this multiplicity/"enhancement". :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

As far as I can determine, what we are seeing is called obscured edges and there is no way to turn them off in 2D wireframe. Hopefully more information will come to light but that is all that I've been able to find.

friends i am not selecting any of the object its been seen when i open the drawing without selecting any object.

my all the options are off except the ortho and osnap

Understood. It has been explained why it is happening. Just cannot figure out how to turn it off other than switching from 2D wire frame.

Why you would want to turn it off? I'm not sure. It's an easy way to check for overlapping objects.

it is needed bcoz

1) Its a Big task to remove all the overlaping leaders one by one.:nono:

2) While Printing its visible (when i print from my pc):(

3) Its only Visible only on my pc:(:Do:)

No issues Brothers....thanks for your tries, hopefully someday we all will get a solution on this.

it is needed bcoz

1) Its a Big task to remove all the overlaping leaders one by one.:nono:

2) While Printing its visible (when i print from my pc):(

3) Its only Visible only on my pc:(:Do:)

No issues Brothers....thanks for your tries, hopefully someday we all will get a solution on this.

The solution is not a setting or a task. It's to stop putting them there in the first place and be aware of what you are copying.

I did not realize that they plot like that. That is a problem.

Are the others on the same version as you?

The solution is not a setting or a task. It's to stop putting them there in the first place and be aware of what you are copying.

Hallelujah! :beer:

Presumably, if we ever get an answer, they will be on earlier vintage software. :|