Mouse hurting my finger :(

StArchitect

Hello,

I use autoCAD for many hours daily which means I'm pressing down the scroll button frequently. Does anyone have a super comfortable mouse they are using and can share the make and model.

Humorous comments are welcome :)

I predominantly use a logitech M570 because i cant get my hands on a Microsoft Trackball explorer. The center mouse wheel feels fine, but thats ultimately something you'll have to determine.

I use an E-Blue Arco 2, which I like quite a bit, it has 5 buttons, will work on glass, or just about any surface, and comes in a few colors (which I like), although it does go through batteries pretty quickly.

I have been using these for the last few years, and they are reasonably priced, if you can find them.

It works fine on my Red mouse pad.

http://www.amazon.com/E-BLUE-EMS100WH-White-Wireless-Mouse/dp/B00IA7OPU6#customerReviews

arco 2 mouse.JPG

I do not think it will help to change mouse, I have had this problem myself. The problem is that you push too hard to prevent the button from scrolling. Make sure to ease the pressure a bit and the problem will disappear.

Hello,

Humorous comments are welcome :)

Back in my day we didn't even have a mouse. We used pencils and had to develop callouses on our finger tips. And we liked it!

I rather have callouses, btw I play guitar so this is a way more uncomfortable feeling. It feels like you have a bruise on your finger and you keep poking at it.

I do not think it will help to change mouse, I have had this problem myself. The problem is that you push too hard to prevent the button from scrolling. Make sure to ease the pressure a bit and the problem will disappear.

I tend to agree with this.

I predominantly use a logitech M570 because i cant get my hands on a Microsoft Trackball explorer. The center mouse wheel feels fine, but thats ultimately something you'll have to determine.

I'm glad I never got rid of my MS Trackball. I wish I had bought more than one. I did have to have it "rebuilt," though. When it gives out again, I'm going to have to give the Logitech Trackman a try. I kind of like the finger operation more than the thumb ball. Except it doesn't seem to have a scroll wheel.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055845.m570.l1311.R1.TR10.TRC2.A0.H1.Xmicrosoft+trackball.TRS0&_nkw=microsoft+trackball+explorer&_sacat=0

I use a razer nostromo at my left side. it has a zoom wheel and programmable buttons, which I have a left and right mouse button.

kensingion makes a very affordable trackball mouse as well.

Swap hands. Frees the right hand for the more important keys over the right side of the keyboard.

I do this. I have two mice installed and keep one on each side of the keyboard. Doesn't take too long to get the 'weak' hand up to speed.

Look into voice recognition software for invoking your most used commands.
Sure. My voice to texts are already filled with "dam phone wrong word":lol:

I'm glad I never got rid of my MS Trackball. I wish I had bought more than one. I did have to have it "rebuilt," though. When it gives out again, I'm going to have to give the Logitech Trackman a try. I kind of like the finger operation more than the thumb ball. Except it doesn't seem to have a scroll wheel.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055845.m570.l1311.R1.TR10.TRC2.A0.H1.Xmicrosoft+trackball.TRS0&_nkw=microsoft+trackball+explorer&_sacat=0

I rebuilt mine several times over... eventually there was no saving it :cry: I used it for gaming early on so it was regularly abused. If i would have only known microsoft would have taken the damn thing away!!!!!!! of all the evil crap in the world!!! There is a community out there that was looking to rebuild it but i dont think they ever got a working prototype off the ground before silently dying in the eather of the interwebs (http://www.thetrackball.com) :(

Im looking hard at a new thing. It just came across my amazon feed the other day (elecom deft) its the closest ive seen so far.

I have tried the trackman and i hated it. ITs not a bad device in of its self but its not my precious. They have a work around for not having the mouse wheel. What you do is click both right and left click simultaneously. It only ok but there were a couple programs it had issues with so it didn't always work. Ill see if i can dig it up and give it a go in CAD and see how it behaves.